Well I ordered my first kit!

I have a question. Are these motorized bikes even a thing in China, or are they built mainly for export?
I have no personal knowledge, but I bet not. China has cracked down and doesn't even allow regular motorcycles in "first tier" cities. They've got this idea that it makes their people look "poor" and it's illegal to show poverty in China. The CCP doesn't allow people to see what's really going on. It's a brutally oppressive regime.

I watch a lot of YouTube videos of guys from south Asian countries and India and I bet they're quite popular there. People in SE Asia ride whole families around on 125cc motorcycles, so I bet they're quite popular across Asia, but you probably only see them in very rural parts of China, if at all.

I have a question. Are these motorized bikes even a thing in China, or are they built mainly for export?
Most if not all are made for export Gordy...This quote below from a guy in China that works for Ubisoft explains why E-Bikes are encouraged and gasoline powered "scooters" are not only discouraged, but even banned in many of Chin'a more populated cities.

"Carburetor based scooters are highly polluting, both in terms of emissions and hydrocarbon leaks. Most cities in China banned them a long time ago. NG based scooters are still seen, although recently they got banned in Shanghai as well.
All engine based scooters now fall in the category of “light motorcycles”, which require motor vehicle plates and driver licenses, effectively banning them from most people, especially in large cities like Shanghai, where no new motorcycle plates are issued there, existing city plates for large motorcycles cost more than 300,000 CNY, (300,000 Yuan is approx. 41,716.52 US Dollars),"

"Only popular among hardcore motorcycle enthusiasts. Even city light motorcycle plates cost a fortune.
Electric scooters fall under the category of non-motor vehicles, although they can be faster than light motorcycles in some cases, and do not require drivers licenses. They are also very low maintenance due to not having an engine. So they are much more popular."

I'd say not as china has the strictest emissions in the world. Stricter than Europe. It makes sense when you think about how many people there are and how bad it could get if everyone had the most polluting engines.

What about the factory emissions?
Same thing. Last summer a bunch a coal plants were shuttered and in the last ten years there's been a huge turn around in regards to cracking down on corruption and reducing pollution. Regardless of your politics china has been changing for the better in the last ten years.

Should see pics of his tool boxes, Dad must have been a fixer.
Here's a picture I have
IMG_20230320_221312389.jpg

I'd say not as china has the strictest emissions in the world. Stricter than Europe. It makes sense when you think about how many people there are and how bad it could get if everyone had the most polluting engines.
Ever look up the coal plants in China with no scrubbers? 99% of cities just dump their waste into the rivers. 70% of the Pacific ocean garbage patch comes from Chinese dumping at sea. Their aluminum and steel factories have no pollution controls at all. Could go on and on.

Ever look up the coal plants in China with no scrubbers? 99% of cities just dump their waste into the rivers. 70% of the Pacific ocean garbage patch comes from Chinese dumping at sea. Their aluminum and steel factories have no pollution controls at all. Could go on and on.
In very recent years new legislation to reduce pollution has been passed, and said legislation is very strict. How laws are written and how laws are enforced are never the same, that's the truth anywhere in the world at any time in history but the laws have been passed. Now I know that doesn't vibe with the popular perception of China but this isn't my opinion, this is fact: China IV, the new vehicle emission standards are stricter than Euro IV, the latest European standards. Only time will tell how things shake out but I never wanted to start any arguments, just pass on the news I have read. I am not a fan or China or a communist I just like motorcycles and to read the business section of the paper.

Back