What style seat for your donkey??

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by robin bird, Sep 11, 2009.

1. robin bird

robin bird Member

The bike i got had a very narrow seat with little padding so i bought the wide donkey style(if you know what i mean).it seems good but has a material that grabs smooth may be better--unfortunately i sold my Brooks saddle with my previous ride.
    What do you guys use for long distance?

2. I have a Bell seat on my bike, I think this is the one you are talking about being grabby. Now some of the cover is wearing off. My other bike had an Avenier seat and it was far superior to the bell, cost more too.

3. loquin

loquin Active Member

Attached Files:

4. floridaboy

floridaboy Member

This is the seat that i have found to be good on long rides.
    Cloud 9 Comfy Cruiser Gel Sofa Bicycle Seat.
    I biught the one i have on ebay for $35.00 delivered.

5. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Bareback

Attached Files:

6. azbill

azbill Active Member

Attached Files:

7. Esteban, to funny.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  8. graucho

graucho Active Member

I like loquin's pick. Easy release of fumes.
    All joking aside ive heard good reviews from people who own them.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  9. loquin

loquin Active Member

They're very comfy. However, some folks have a hard time getting used to the fact that there's no 'horn' to help control the bike. I've never really had a problem, but, it takes a few days to get used to 'em.

10. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

You should see " Jackee " , the jakkazz , chasing a coyote !!

Attached Files:

11. lovehamr

lovehamr New Member

My family (3) right now has a total of 10 bikes and any bike that we might do distance on has a Selle SMP. The cheapest of these can be had for around $75 and the most expensive runs over $400. What separates these from other designs is the open area in the center which relieves pressure on the perineum. You know, the part where nerves and blood flow to your dangly bits.:whistling: Anyway, for those who ride distances (more than 20mi) this is a real boon in preventing penile numbness and worse.:tt1: This is just one version:
    [​IMG]
    My wife and I ride a couple like this and my son (hard core racer) rides one of the super lite carbon versions that I got a deal on on ebay.
    [​IMG]

There are a bunch of reviews here:

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-356100.html

And a bunch of comparisons of the different models here:

http://www.masherz.com/sellesmp.htm

Before anyone even says anything like "those are more $$ that my bike frame" just compare those $$ to how much you like your dangly bits.
    Hope that helps someone, Steve

12. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

I ride on a lot of bumpy brick roads..have old boney butt...origional seat on stock Schwinn Del Mar was killer.....bought Cloud-9, 10 1/2 inch seat (has horn) and compression post..now I can do 30miles ..no problem

13. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

lovehamr,,do you actually sit on that or is it just for looks?

14. lonjack

lonjack New Member

15. Slackbiker

Slackbiker Member

I've never been totally happy with a bike seat (skinny old guy), Easy Seat looks like its worth a try.