what welder do i need

I would buy something like this. Also there are alot cheaper welders out there, depending on what you wanna weld up. WELD R UP!
Screenshot_20230903-231946_Chrome.jpg

I suggest the 200 version of that. You can get the adapter for 110 and it does mig tig and stick. It's the one I have and it works great
There you go! GW knows more on it than I do. I've just heard from a few people that they are a great welder for the money.

Until you get better at it, buy a cheap stick welder and practice on various scrap steel. You can get these for around a $120.

If you become proficient at welding after some practice, then upgrade to a better welder. Many just aren't ment to be welders, they seem to lack the ability to learn how to do it. For this reason I tell beginners to get a cheap stick welder, if they're going to be self taught. Shield, welder, gloves, and rods total cost less than $250. Much cheaper price to figure out you lack the ability to learn how to weld.

I can weld but I'm no welder.
Welders have come a long way over the last couple of decades. Once a DC welder cost many thousands, now you can get a DC inverter welder for a couple hundred, not the same as a big one of course but you aren't going to be burning rods all day long.
For most little jobs encountered on one of these bikes is little more than a tack here and there unless you are into modifying frames which takes some serious skill to do safely.
As Sidewinder says start small, work your way up.

I can weld but I'm no welder.
Welders have come a long way over the last couple of decades. Once a DC welder cost many thousands, now you can get a DC inverter welder for a couple hundred, not the same as a big one of course but you aren't going to be burning rods all day long.
For most little jobs encountered on one of these bikes is little more than a tack here and there unless you are into modifying frames which takes some serious skill to do safely.
As Sidewinder says start small, work your way up.
I don't consider myself to be as good as someone who welds for a living. However, I'm up there with the best of them when it comes to using a grinder 😂 lol

Back