Whizzer coil & spark plug

I had it running for about 5 minutes before these were shot, looses power the hotter it gets. In these here i can get it started but then it starts to die. I also opened up the compression valve cover and everything in there was covered in oil, which I think is the cause of all the smoke when my engine gets hot. You can see in one of them when it dies smoke comes out the oil breather and carb. Could it be that the piston rings are the wrong size or something.

Hi Noland,

I am not located on the west coast, however I rebuild Whizzer motors for many across the USA. Sadly some rebuild motors poorly and only "doctor" them up to sell. I have thousands of original NOS parts in stock and even a few used parts [in perfect condition] to help put the motors back in service.

From your comments, sounds like either the piston & rings aren't fitted to the cylinder or the crankshaft is going bad. If the piston & rings are in need of replacement, the crankcase pressure will be high and blow oil via the breather. The breather also might need to be rebuilt. To see a little "smoke' from the breather or carburetor after the motor stops isn't always a sign of problems.

You can contact me personally if needed, and I will help you make the motor work correctly. I am located on the east coast, but usually stay up until 11:00 PM eastern time if needed.

quincy163@yahoo.com
252-475-0406 cell

have fun,

Back