Whizzer tire?

Vuit

Local time
10:10 AM
Do whizzers need some sort of special kind of tire? I got a flat yesterday and I replaced the tire as well and today I got another flat and I believe the tire blew out, is there something I'm missing?

Get some Kevlar tires, extra thick slime tubes, and some slime tube liners. This setup has saved me, and many others here alot of headache

Do whizzers need some sort of special kind of tire? I got a flat yesterday and I replaced the tire as well and today I got another flat and I believe the tire blew out, is there something I'm missing?
@Wrench will be the acknowledged expert on Whizzer tires as he has many 10s of thousands of miles on his Whizzer and is very picky on what he rides his Whizzer on, especially since his Whizzer easily speeds along at 50+ MPH.

He will also be able to tell you the proper PSIs to bring it to to avoid blowouts due to heat and friction expansion of the tires.

Nope
I use these, and I've always used these,
DSCF7548.JPGDSCF7549.JPGDSCF7557.JPGDSCF7552.JPGDSCF7555.JPG

Just in case your wondering Those are not reflectors on my wheel's there lights that change 6 different colors,
It's always good to be seen at night The more lights the better
DSCF7049.JPG

Meh, after one of those heavy duty tubes was old and had to be replaced,
I cut the skin off it and used it as a liner and I now have super heavy duty tubes
DSCF1676.JPG

How many miles to those last? I had the Walmart blackburn tire on my last bike, but it got destroyed when my rear tire locked up before it even had 50 miles, so I wasn't able to see how the tread lasted

Back