WIDE PEDAL KIT

lee

Local time
12:27 AM
Building a 26" beach cruiser with a 4 stroke, what size wide pedal crank kit do I need and from where. SBP?
Thanks

Building a 26" beach cruiser with a 4 stroke, what size wide pedal crank kit do I need and from where. SBP?
Thanks
That would depend entirely on what engine and transfer case you are using, and how centered it mounts.

You building from scratch? What the heck do you have hehe, pics help as their all kinds of systems, mostly bend arm 'stupid wide' crank arms like this...

4SpanteraDD6front.jpg

But if you mount engine and transfer case just right you get away with much closer together pedals so it don't fell like you are riding a bull to pedal.

With clever placement and a snip-snip on the transfer case cover you can get the pedals as close together as a regular bike.

2_29Genisis10G53L-1280.jpg

2_29Genisis10G53R-1280.jpg

With a 1-piece crank you are stuck with the width, with a 3-piece system like SickBikes carriers, you can change crank arms.

Last edited:
I am building a Micargi 26" beach cruiser with a 4-stroke Huasheng 142 4G

I am building a Micargi 26" beach cruiser with a 4-stroke Huasheng 142 4G
Good choice, they hold up well.
If you are going direct drive might as well get the funky wide arm setup, it is certainly cheaper than a cartridge housed BB bearings that are used on shifters.

2_Pantera4SblueDDL.jpg

Thanks KC, Yes , I am going direct drive, I will contact SBP for the kit. I did get a pedal kit with the engine kit but all those parts look like they won't hold up long.

Thanks KC, Yes , I am going direct drive, I will contact SBP for the kit. I did get a pedal kit with the engine kit but all those parts look like they won't hold up long.
Ya, some cranks are pretty cheesy and just way too wide, it feels like you are riding an elephant your feet are so far apart hehe ;-}

We now have wide steel cranks, and by the end of March we will have a new super wide full up 226mm Bottom Bracket Cartridge. Details to follow soon!

I've found great parts including sealed bearing wide pedal crank kits from MBRebel.com at good prices too.
I've been buying more and more from them. They actually reply to phone calls and email unlike everyone else.

KC, thats a sweet looking bike, that stainless steel one.. Ive been lurking here for a while, planning to build one (a couple) soon.. Ive gotta know, what brand/model bicycle is that??

Last edited:
KC, thats a sweet looking bike, that stainless steel one.. Ive been lurking here for a while, planning to build one soon.. Ive gotta know, what brand/model bicycle is that??
This?

2_29Genisis10G53L-1280.jpg

That's a Genesis 29er, detail here http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=903

Note you won't be able to reproduce that, it uses my exclusive 10G transfer case to 'jackshaft' it, but you should be able to achieve similar results with a Sick Bike Parts 4-stroke shift kit.

Last edited:
Back