WTB 10 Chain Links

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by stealthc9, Jan 21, 2010.

1. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

I need 10 chain links asap, i need it to finish my Schwinn Stingray

2. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

no one has a spare chain i can buy?? or a rusted chain i can have to recondition...

3. KeyWest

KeyWest Member

Hello stealthc9, I dont have any extra chain but if you go to a bike shop or walmart you could pick up some.If you need the engine kit chain try a lawnmower shop near you hope this helps you out.

4. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

lawn mower shops around here dont carry it, like what size engine chain would it be?? no one around here has 415...would it be like #50 or something??

5. KeyWest

KeyWest Member

I just switched to #40 chain the lawnmower shop by me sold me 10 feet for cheep. As long as you have the 1/2 inch pitch it should be fine #41 should work also take your #415 chain with you to the shop they could probably size it the legnth you need.

6. Bicycle chain comes in two basic widths:
    1/8" chain is used on most single-speed bicycles, and bicycles with internal gearing.Cruiser bike.
    3/32" chain is used on derailer equipped bicycles that have more than 3 speeds.mountainbike/10speed.

415 is the same size as 1/8" regular bicycle chain for single speed cruiser bikes.
    Why is it so hard for people to give the correct answer.

Go to walmart $7 for 1/8" chain or go to a bike shop or anywhere bikes are sold and ask for 1/8" or cruiser single speed bike chain.

I have a schwinn delmar cruiser bike with 415(1/8")chain on both sides(peddle and engine sides) so i know.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  7. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

i had no idea i could use regular bike chain on the engine drive sprockets

8. MikeJ

MikeJ Member

I learned something new here as well that will be useful to me in the very near future.

If I did not expect to learn something new every day, there would be no need to get up and get moving before noon.

9. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

Lol I dont get up before noon hahahahah

10. If you get the 1/8" bike $7 chain from walmart, buy 2 cause there short and youll want to replace your whole chain.

11. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

umm, idk what motor your using but it DOES NOT work on a happy time. If needed I will post a video of it bind up.

12. Works fine on mine.

13. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

did u file ur sprocket down at all??

14. I just went and bought 2 new chains,one for each side,they are 410 chain diamondback bmx heavyduty
    1/2"x1/8" 116 links @ $10 each. They work very good and im using stock sprockets not modified. These chains are for a single speed bike.

These are not the same as a chain for multispeed bikes,the chain for mutispeed bikes will not fit.

15. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

where did u buy them at? prob not walmart right?

16. MotoMagz

MotoMagz Member

$2.50 shipped

I still have the package sitting here, you said you wanted them.I'm just trying to help ya out.No hard feelings,but ya should have at least responeded to my PM.Still here if ya need them.

thanx MotoMagz

17. I bought my last chains at walmart but after telling everone here,they went and bought them all. So i bought these chains at another large store(will not tell name) where they sell bikes,hunting and camping equipment.

18. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

sry i havent been on