Zeda 80 kill switch not working.

Leighton

Local time
7:31 AM
Hi all,

New to this but my first build is awesome, everything seems to work ok but the kill switch.
The kill switch wired are not black and red, they are dark greens and yellow with a thin red line.

I took a guess and it didn't work, I then swapped them around and it still didn't work...
Could I have blown something?

At the moment it idles low so to kill it I just clutch it and not rev and it dies. It's fine and all. But I'd like to have the kill switch option.

Does the kill switch work if the clutch is dissengaged and the engine is connected or only when the clutch is engaged and idling? (One idle speed set)

The color of the kill switch doesn't matter, just that each wire is hooked up to each one of the leads in the cdi. The kill switches are very rudimentary and its not uncommon that the button is just not making contact. If you look on the bottom of the kill switch there is a tiny screw holding a little cartridge of wiring in. Take that out, make there the spring doesn't fall out and re-seat the contact and screw it back in.

If it's one of those red button cheap kill switches toss it and buy a better quality one. The ones that you turn like on the OEM honda/HS engines come with work well.

Hi all thanks for the replies. I finally had a look under where the switch screws into the throttle housing.
The wires looked a bit corroded and the solders were not great but couldn't see anything untoward. I've just retinned the wires and cleaned up best I could, I'll try it tomorrow on the way to work. I've just been using it without upuntil now. I set the idle speed low so if I clutch it itll kill the engine, if the re-solder doesn't work I'll probably just leave it as it is...

I ditched the stock kill switch and picked up a cheap momentary switch from the parts store and used a sheet of plastic to make two covers for the wiring and mounted it on one side and it works great15809152956761352999561690221406.jpg

Do you think any switch will work, maybe a door bell?
I might just try my luck and just but another throttle?

Those kill switches come with the worse connectors I've ever seen. I solder every one to make sure it doesn't come apart.

Back