2 stroke diesel???

redneckracing674

Local time
1:55 PM
im just curious/thinking aloud. would there be a way to get a 2 stroke to run on diesel without an injector? do you think the comperssion would be high enough, or would the diesel burn with a spark. when its cold and there is no fumes you can lay in a puddle of diesel on the floor while torching through a transmission crossmember, throwing sparks on the floor, and not set the diesel on fire, but when its 95 out and you dump 10 gallons of (off highway) diesel on a brush pile you can ignite it with the spark from a grill peizo igniter. do you think it would create fumes in the cylender? it would be sooo cool to roll coal witha 2stroke, thats not white smoke.

When I was deployed in the Army I enjoyed volunteering to be the poo burner. I was in Kuwait like 120 deg. We would put 5 gallons of diesel in each container then a half quart of mogas (gasoline) on top. The diesel would not ignite without the mogas to help it.

When I was deployed in the Army I enjoyed volunteering to be the poo burner. I was in Kuwait like 120 deg. We would put 5 gallons of diesel in each container then a half quart of mogas (gasoline) on top. The diesel would not ignite without the mogas to help it.
well i got a 120cc 5 hp 2 stroke to mess around with. you mightve had crap diesel

there heavy (44lbs!)./ too expensive for hillbillies like me. i will build my way out of the problem, even if it takes weeks lol. if i build my own, it will burn up that 12 gallons of red diesel thats only like 50% water sitting out behind the container out back. even the bobcat wont burn that stuff up :unsure:

well i got a 120cc 5 hp 2 stroke to mess around with. you mightve had crap diesel
Or maybe your brush pile caught fire and that is what ignited the diesel. Just like the mogas ignited the diesel the Army puts into their generators, tanks, and trucks. Not just crap diesel.

Congratulations on your desire to be a menace to your neighborhood and "roll coal" on your motorized bicycle through it and while doing so giving a bitter impression on others that ride motorized bicycles.

Diesels fire when the pistons are up and the valves closed, high compression super heats the air and when you introduce a little shot of fuel, BANG!
Might not happen with a bicycle type engine.

Diesels fire when the pistons are up and the valves closed, high compression super heats the air and when you introduce a little shot of fuel, BANG!
Might not happen with a bicycle type engine.
Correct...Compression will not be high enough and we haven't even mentioned glow plugs and heaters yet.

And even if it could go "BANG", just how long does the OP think that a cheap "Chinesium" metal motor will last doing this ???...lol.

Ps...We are not even thinking the thick, black, smoke show that Zak mentioned already to thrill all your neighbours with your new hobby as well as the local Constabulary wanting to pull you over to congratulate you on this remarkable innovation of burning diesel fuel in your China Girl motor, thereby contributing to the overall air quality standards of your community...lol...DAMIEN

im just curious/thinking aloud. would there be a way to get a 2 stroke to run on diesel without an injector? do you think the comperssion would be high enough, or would the diesel burn with a spark. when its cold and there is no fumes you can lay in a puddle of diesel on the floor while torching through a transmission crossmember, throwing sparks on the floor, and not set the diesel on fire, but when its 95 out and you dump 10 gallons of (off highway) diesel on a brush pile you can ignite it with the spark from a grill peizo igniter. do you think it would create fumes in the cylender? it would be sooo cool to roll coal witha 2stroke, thats not white smoke.

You need the injector, it fires it into an almost compressed chamber. Without it, you get detonation and pre-ignition.

A diesel basically runs on detonation, controlled, but still.

Back