40mm cylinder or 44mm cylinder for my 49cc bike motor

SanTanfan

Local time
2:04 AM
Hello all. I am new to the craft, and these articles/posts have really been helpful. This is my first build using a cheap Chinese motor kit. When I finally got everything running well, my cylinder locked up. Turns out the cylinder rings broke apart and destroyed the bore and cylinder. Now I know I can just replace the 38mm cylinder and bore easily, however, I was wondering if this would be a good time to try to upgrade to a 44mm big bore kit.? Are there any issues that I should be on the lookout for? I figure as long as the parts fit there should be no problems, any thoughts?

There are a few determining factors to consider, rod length, piston hole height and stud spacing. Measure everything carefully before ordering. If you sit the piston on a flat surface and measure to the top of the wrist pin hole then that will tell if you have a high or low hole piston. High hole piston fits the longer rod.

I found this which has every measurement correct, but now I am questioning if the piston will fit the rod.
This is what I found.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
piston.jpg

so From the top of the hole to the top of the piston?
\

From 2011 might help shed some light

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220503-121311.png
    Screenshot_20220503-121311.png
    226.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_20220503-121158.png
    Screenshot_20220503-121158.png
    239.9 KB · Views: 110
Ok so I need a low hole piston. so as long as I can get the rest of the measurements right I can still get a larger cylinder to replace the smaller stock one?

Back