#41 or the 415 chain.... which one is best?

as long as the breaker pin is small enough and chain fits. I find that a hammer , punch, and socket works fine though.

Ok. Never broke a chain before so I wasn't sure if you could use the 41 on the 415 or 410 being they're so similar. Thx for your input.

Park Tool CT-3 works. You have to grind the bottom of a washer flat, and put it in the front slot so the pin goes through keeping the pressure off the small front tines. The washer has to fit snug.

I switched out my 415 for #41. It locks up in the case on my 10 tooth sprocket on my stock 49cc China Girl engine.

Steve

Last edited:
You can probably cut out the housing cover where it was hitting if you really want to use the #41. If you had 410 to begin with I would just go with a good quality BMX chain.

I thought the 41 has larger diameter rollers... so might work well on old worn pointy 415 sprockets???
410 is a different width, 1/8" as opposed to the 3/16" 415 and, (as Gary55 corrected me) the #41 is 1/4". All three are 1/2" pitch.

Last edited:
410 will handle any MB need. If you are breaking 415 you don't need 'better chain', you need better install, specifically you rear sprocket.

410 will handle any MB need. If you are breaking 415 you don't need 'better chain', you need better install, specifically you rear sprocket.
yeah if you've got 415 chain and it keeps breaking, there's a problem with how you're installing it. try using chain lube rather than corrosive agents, and maybe switch to a sprocket without tungsten carbide abrasive cutting surfaces. 415 chain is pretty tough, but if you ran it hard thru dusty terrain and never greased to the chain I guess it would have to fail after awhile

Back