#41 or the 415 chain.... which one is best?

Cool!
One more chain size detail, the bigger the chain the harder it will be to pedal, you don't feel it as much starting, but if you have to pedal home with engine off you will sure feel that #41 chain drag.

In construction we called it value engineering. Altering original design plans to use materials providing equal or better load tolerances at lesser cost.

In construction we called it value engineering. Altering original design plans to use materials providing equal or better load tolerances at lesser cost.
Yep, at least thats the way I look at it.

Ok I'm almost gathering all of my parts for my 1st build & I'd love some info on which chain I should go with. I have the 2015 Grubee Gt5A SkyHawk that came with the 415 chain & I recently received the 40 tooth sprocket that came with my hub adapter. I've read a lot of info on here about the differences between the 2 chains but not to much of an answer as to which to go with. So help a Noob out, which chain would the pros go with if both chains are already available? Thanks!!
#41 roller chain & it fits on sprocket adaptors sprockets

#41 roller chain & it fits on sprocket adaptors sprockets
I just order 10 ft, the 415 is junk despite it's thinner appearance it's way stronger
Hi Jethro and Welcome to the forums.
You probably won't get too much response on this thread since its last reply was Nov. 8, 2016, 5 years ago...lol...The dates are posted on each post in a thread...Your welcome to post a thread of your very own though if you have any problems or contribute to a current running thread to join the fun...Don't worry, your far from the first newcomer and far from the last that didn't see the date code...loll...DAMIEN

My 415 chain that came with the kit was out-of-spec. A 41
cured the problem. The 41 tolerates sprocket differences
better, because the links are wider, but the same length.

Back