50 cc engine, maximum riding hours it can bear?

I have 2 48cc 2 cycle and one 66 CC , I have rode both of the 48cc bikes for hours at a time at 25 to 26 mph with no problems. Most kits come jetted rich which helps keep the temperature down, if you have changed the jetting and are a little lean the engine will heat up. I try to jet a little on the rich side, mine will 4-stroke a little till it warms to full operating temp. Just pay attention to the felt heat from the engine and you probably will be OK.

I would say replace the rear motor mount studs at least or you may be buying drill bits and easy-outs too:mad:. I used these with lock washers and two nuts each. I've done two 60 mile rides so far just breaking in the engine.
Headsmess, I used a two-liter coke bottle too but the gas eats the gasket out of the lid and can spill everywhere. I now carry a 1.75L juice bottle instead. It fits in saddle bags better but it's not vented so Ive got to pay attention to it.
gas can.jpg
A 2 gallon Sportster tank would be the best solution.

ours dont have gaskets anymore? they phased them out about 5 years ago or so. just have a flexible lip thingy inside the cap that deforms.

on that note, i found a prehistoric coke bottle with the black separate base on it the other day! un opened... i wonder if its still good inside? it must be 20-30 years old!

Hey,its good to know through the forum that people have gone to over 150+miles on motorized bicycles, but none havementioned their engine cc
Mine is a 50 cc engine.
And i plan to ride 60 miles/100km , at 25 km/hr average speed. It will make 4 hrs journey with few 10 min stops.
Is there any chance of engine getting too heatup?
You should go around and check for any loose hardware. Make sure its all okay. Yes your engine will get a bit hot. Of it does get very hot or smoke pull over some place and let it cool down a bit. Then you continue riding. Safe travels!!!

You should go around and check for any loose hardware. Make sure its all okay. Yes your engine will get a bit hot. Of it does get very hot or smoke pull over some place and let it cool down a bit. Then you continue riding. Safe travels!!!
If your 2 stroke smokes you have problems.

WOT all day every day. It's air cooled don't worry about it

Took mine 45 miles and held it wide open most of the time on the highway

Back