6v and 12v HT Generators?

Well I would not know where or how you would use it personally I have never seen one and dont know how big is it or the drag it will produce on your motor. The thing about it is this if you only use it as a wind Gen on your bike then your lights will go out when your not moving (Like the wheel Dynamo). I did what I did so I have constant power (Lights) even when sitting still at a stop light or stop sign.

Last edited:
Hey I like that idea Dan (not-so-crazy).
I posted a pict and note about my Biolite stove that does just that:
CampStove_1_updated_d48f0013-c917-4636-9d51-1e68d875c252_large.jpg

Yeah with the thermal generators i posted in the links you could slap one of these on any bbq to make electricity. The only reason i suggest putting it on the exhaust is because that was the original use for these, allowed refrigerated semi-trucks to power their refrigerators off their cooling exhaust stacks for up to 7 hours while they slept with a load instead of running a traditional generator all night. Its a very interesting technology i see being put to more use in the future. Been watching it for maybe 6-7 years now.
Edit: imma be mad if i see mb thermal generator kits start getting sold and i get no royalties for the idea :p

Odd, I got 4 pages of results, some related and some not.

Nothing wrong with that. I wound a similar coil about 6 months ago, but couldn't get more than about 2W output. I think the Mini-Gen produces about 3W.
Since I want really bright lights, I didn't pursue it further and went with a belt-driven generator.

How did you wind the coil and how do you make a belt driven generator?

Back