(80/66cc) just bought a motorized bicycle.

Zoomingbudah, your gas-cable is in a tight bend ? Or not ? It is difficult to see on your picture.

I use cable-T for the fuel hose secure on the fittings .... no clips or twisted wires .....

Wow thanks for all the responses! I really appreciate it! I apologize for my late response schools had me really busy lately.

@Hello Moto! yeah im not sure if the air filter would fit because it is a really tight space and i cant find the dimensions online for any of the generic ones. So I Took @jaguar 's recommendation and just used a air foam filter and zip tied it for the mean time.

@Steve Best thats just a kitchen sponge? compared to the one you made how bad was the original one? because i was thinking of buying one but if it really isnt good in the first place mine as well make a good quality one myself like you did.

@Island Racer yeah it was sort of fitted on the top of the engine to keep it from moving around.

Ill post some pictures once i get home.

I have some new problems now though.

My brother moved my bike very recklessly yesterday and made a lil cut on the fuel line so its now leaking(4 in the original picture) he used duct tape for the mean time to stop it leaking, i havent been riding it incase it might damage anything.
1.Would the duct tape work for a week or two? or should i really not risk it and just not ride it till i get new fuel lines? Lastly what fuel lines would you recommend to replace the stock ones?

I want to start taking my motorized bike to school but the guy who sold it to me told me not to leave it out in the sun for too long since the engine gets hot enough and it could cause damage to the engine. FYI I would be in class from 10-5:30 I live in cali and its summer lol

2.Would it cause any damage leaving it out in the sun for about 8 hours? or would i need to make cover to block it against the sun?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Lastly what fuel lines would you recommend to replace the stock ones?

I use Tygon 3/16" inner diameter fuel line.

I don't see why you couldn't leave it in the sun. I really don't think it'll hurt it. The gas tank is vented, should be fine.

1) Duct tape is not a safe repair for a fuel line. New line is only $1.
2) Heat from the sun will not hurt your engine.

A kitchen sponge is a synthetic foam sponge made for domestic cleaning.
If you can breathe through it with no restriction, so will the engine.
Use it any way you can to filter the air.

Pantyhose will keep the big rocks and flies out

1) Duct tape is not a safe repair for a fuel line. New line is only $1.
2) Heat from the sun will not hurt your engine.

A kitchen sponge is a synthetic foam sponge made for domestic cleaning.
If you can breathe through it with no restriction, so will the engine.
Use it any way you can to filter the air.

Pantyhose will keep the big rocks and flies out
When you said this it made me wonder what happens when a fly comes into your engine then I thought about it.... It gets burnt up:)

I recently bought a motorized bicycle ive been enjoying it so far however i have had some problems already.
The tube ends(2 and 4) have came off and spilled alot of gasoline. which could have been a big problem if it went unnoticed. When i was first trying to get it going i had to mess with the fuel thing (3) to get it going, even though i didnt know what i was doing since the writing was in chinese.

So i have two questions. Is there anything i can buy to make the tube ends(1,2,4) more secure so they wont come off?
2nd. how exactly do i use the fuel thingy(3)? what position is it currently in?
View attachment 72441 Thanks for any info.

This is too funny. I have the same bike and put a 48cc engine on there XD

Check it out, might help you in some way :p

Back