80cc stock engine top speed problem

Sully10101

Local time
3:27 AM
I bought my engine kit from ebay and with all stock parts, hits 40 mph and I've bought my son 4 engines and none of them come close to mine. I can't seem to fine the same engine again since the guy that sold it to me at the time only had a few kits. Why is mine so much faster and I weigh 100 lbs. more. The bikes are identical as well as the 36 tooth sprocket on the back. What could possibly be the difference?

ebay is a bit of a crap shoot - some sellers there have very old model motors, while some get newer models - the fast one may be a newer 40mm stroke motor

Thank you for your reply. It's been driving me crazy for months. So, what can I look for to make sure I'm getting the newer faster motor? Any certain brand or model or horsepower?

I have noticed it has very good compression. I even wondered if mine was just a freak accident. lol

I've been researching and racking my brain on this. I'm going to try a high compression head and see if that makes a difference. I mean, I know it will but, just how much.

I can't imagine putting a high compression head on my engine if I'm already going 40mph with a stock motor and parts.

I've been researching and racking my brain on this. I'm going to try a high compression head and see if that makes a difference. I mean, I know it will but, just how much.
Well, a high compression head will do 2 things, (1) make the engine run cooler, the large fins and size of the head really helps dissipate the heat very well, and (2) increase compression, however, if you get a 6cc head you must have a squish gap of no more than .06" for it to have any effect, better would be a squish gap of .025"-.035" is optimum.

Back