Attaching splined lever to pulley

BruceBanner1983

Local time
1:47 AM
Is there a way to do such a thing? I’d like to build a kick start for my 212. I intend to do this by mounting a pulley on a rear triangle mounted chain tensioner to pull the starting rope. I have just about all the details worked out, but I’d like to use a shift lever from a Honda Goldwing to move the pulley, which is splined. Is there a pulley axle with a splined end and a threaded end? Or another way to do it?

If you haven't already bought the predator, I'd suggest you go for the Tillotson. They make a bit more power out of the box and rev higher. They also come with electric start.

Did you consider electric starter kit for the 212
I looked at some electric starts, and decided against it. The only reason I’m building a kickstart assembly is because the pull start handle doesn’t fit the aesthetic I’m going for. Might seem like a small thing to some people, but I’d rather get rid of the pull start handle if I can. The starter rope is going to go to the kickstart pulley/lever instead. I’ve already worked out how to mount the pulley and lever, I just need to get the correct pulley and then I’ll need to remove the starter rope that’s in the pull start assembly, as it’s probably too short, and replace it with the correct length of 550 paracord. I already have the paracord. I saw a YT vid of a guy who rigged up a pulley for a kickstart on his mini bike jack shaft, and that’s how I realized I could do something similar on my bike. Although mine isn’t going on the jack shaft, but rather on a rear triangle mounted chain tensioner support.

Attachments

• IMG_5938.png
    IMG_5938.png
    268.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5937.jpeg
    IMG_5937.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 48
I’m thinking another way to go might just be to use black rope for the starter and tie a loop in it for a handle instead of rigging up the kickstart. Then I don’t have that ugly pullstart handle messing with my aesthetic lol. Black rope on a black engine cover is a lot less ugly than the big stupid pullstart handle lol.

Back