Backfiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have checked the leads as well as the plug. Although i still have the same Chinese plug that comes with the bike, could this play a problem. The ground wire is straight on metal so it should not be that. Don't think it is the kill switch.
Thanks.

Just Because its straight on metal does not mean its good ground, where is it "straight on" metal? remember that these kits use a ChinaLume That isnt quite known, or consistent

Remove the kill switch anyways
Check your plug, or better yet just replace it,

Let us know the results

Did you try turning the gas off and runnning it dry to see if it backfires?

Does it "4 stroke?"

i still have the same Chinese plug that comes with the bike, could this play a problem.
Thanks.

Yes it could. The stock plug is not known for reliability.
Try an NGK BP6HS or BP7HS.

Also, if you are using the factory plug together wire connectors, They are horrible. Cut them off, strip, solder and seal each connection with heat shrink tubing. If you cannot easily get heat shrink tubing at least strip and solder the connections and use electrical tape to insulate and seal them. I cannot recommend electrical tape for extended use and recommend using heat shrink tubing ASAP.

Were would i be able to buy an after market NGK spark plug. Would they have them at motorbike stores or are they more of a lawn mower/whipper sniper kind of plug.
Thanks for the help.

Thanks guys for all your help,
I waked a new plug into it (NGK bp6hs) as well as removing the kill switch and running a fresh batch of gas through the bike.

it is running great, no bogging of power and no more problems. Although the end of my exhaust is lose. It sounds good but is it bad for the bike

Thanks again.

I'm glad you got it figured out!

It's not necessarily bad for your bike, but it will hinder performance in the top end. You'll get more immediate acceleration and hill climbing, but you won't top out very well.

I suggest you tighten your baffle up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back