Bad idea ?

Ohm Rana

Local time
6:21 AM
Hey I live in Ottawa and I was thinking of building a bike this January. It would be my first time build one and I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to build it and ride it in the winter (at least for break in). Riding the bike isn’t the worry as the roads and sidewalks here are plowed pretty well I’m just wondering if it would be catastrophic for the motor during break in? I would probably only use it for short trips (<10 mins driving and about 1hour parked outside) I have room inside my house so I plan on keeping it inside when not use. How bad would it be for the motor and should I just wait till spring to start the build?

The only thing that will hurt is you if you fall off in the ice. Lol. I would like to try these.

Kind of pricey but nice.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The only thing that will hurt is you if you fall off in the ice. Lol. I would like to try these.

Kind of pricey but nice.
I've seen some people making their own for pretty cheap I might give that a try.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I got a set of CST Toboggan $65 each, for my fat tire E bike. I got then without the studs,

DSCF2445.JPG

Tread comparison
CST Toboggan next to the Kenda Juggerknot
DSCF2442.JPG

If it snows in SoCal I'm ready, :LOL: I'll just need to get and put the studs in

Back