Bad luck build

I have been working on this build since October. The first frame I bought couldn't handle the torque my bikeberry 4 stroke put out. So I started ordering parts and figuring out how they go together.

The first 2 frames that came in the mail were damaged at the rear dropouts. The first was damaged on the right, and the second damaged on the left. The third one they put inside another, bigger box and overnighted it just in time to get picked up the day before christmas eve.

Of coarse none of the parts I ordered fit on this strange ass, nonstandard sized bicycle frame; so for the past 4 months I have been slowly ordering parts, and finally was ready tobassemble them.

I did a dry fit and decided this was beyond what I had time to do safely, so I took it to my local bike shop to the final assembly and adjusting all the bicycle stuff before I did all the engine stuff. The bike shop lost parts of the suspension, improperly assembled the crank arms, and routed the disc brakes through the suspension, so every time I hit a bump it pulled on the front brake.

After a refund, and a trip to the hardware store, the bike is almost ready to mount the engine.

I think I want to make the front suspension longer, the height of the headset takes up about 3/4 of the travel of the suspension before bottoming out. Any sugestions would be appreciated. I have this Frankenbolt daydream churning around in the back of my mind that is calling for a trip to the good hardware store.

Pictures to follow.

IMG_20180412_195350.jpg
IMG_20180412_195033.jpg
IMG_20180412_193932.jpg
IMG_20180412_194119.jpg

Back