First 4 Stroke custom build

I decided to try a motorized bicycle project, first time using a "kit" off the interweb. I ordered a 49cc 4 Stroke Kit and started looking for a decent bike, eventually found a salvaged 'Electra" ladies bike. I cut the crossbar and reversed it, then welded it in so it looks like a men's bike. I tried various ideas, some good some bad and without the best inspiration, which I get from checking out builds on this forum, it would'nt have been possible.
I wanted a cleaner looks and figured a way to run the wiring system inside the frame, a number of the "Kit" parts were replaced or changed. All the lights work, turn, brake dim/brights and a moped horn, all powered by a small power bank/phone charger. The 'rattle can' paint job is not perfect but good enough. There are still things to make/improve before I call it done. Thanks.
IMG_20230517_151911.jpg
IMG_20230605_153123.jpg
IMG_20230605_162959.jpg
IMG_20230809_163506.jpg
IMG_20231010_152959.jpg
IMG_20231010_153058.jpg
IMG_20231013_151542.jpg
IMG_20231128_121748.jpg
IMG_20231128_121901.jpg

You're certainly a good welder. Bigger gas tank,

|Get a 4G reduction box and make a manual shifter|

Option 1)
3 or 5 speed IGH jackshaft transmission

Option 2)
Shift kit to power rear derailleur or rear IGH

|For fully automatic|

CVT to jackshaft

If you're a large person and have steep hills you're going to need gears.
There are a lot of required upgrades for sure, they will be addressed as time and money become available, thank you.

Many think 4 stroke, I can just pull into a gas station and fill up. Unfortunately most towns may only have a very few stations that sell ethanol-free gas.

The good thing about ethanol-free gas is the shelf life it has if kept in an air tight container. My 5 quart tank allows me to ride a long way before needing more. I tend to fill a 5 gallon gas container up twice a year that runs my bike and all of my lawn equipment.
You are correct. In my area there are a number of marina's that supply Ethanol-Free fuel for boats ect. so thet's not an issue for me. Thank You.

Many think 4 stroke, I can just pull into a gas station and fill up. Unfortunately most towns may only have a very few stations that sell ethanol-free gas.

The good thing about ethanol-free gas is the shelf life it has if kept in an air tight container. My 5 quart tank allows me to ride a long way before needing more. I tend to fill a 5 gallon gas container up twice a year that runs my bike and all of my lawn equipment.
Other good think about ethanol free gas is mileage. Ethanol burns faster than gas. Most places have 10% ethanol so 10% of your fuel is being burned up faster which can be a noticeable amount if you have a big truck with a huge gas tank. Unfortunately ethanol free gas seems to always be in 91 octane or boat gas only

That changed as of June 22nd of this year due to Biden and the EPA, they now require 15% minumum ethanol at the pumps that are not ethanol free all year round now.
Not in Canada, eh? Chevron is the only station around here, I hate to use it, it's 94. I might have to resort to ethanol removal.

Not in Canada, eh? Chevron is the only station around here, I hate to use it, it's 94. I might have to resort to ethanol removal.
Shell 91 octane was always ethanol free too. I always ran chev 94 on my supercharged truck. But for any naturally aspirated trucks it doesn't do nothing but cost more money. Not sure our American friends understand how much we spend on gas out here 😩

Back