Bike died replaced cdi and magneto still wont run

rickyslixxx86

Local time
11:36 AM
My bike stopped running I changed the cdi and magneto but still not running I have a spark and fuel could it be fuel mixture or clutch plate pressure I don't know what to do

Sounds like it butnit won't turn over. It was running fine put new tank of gas it it. I believe it was right mix. It's just broke in so not an old bike I'm the only owner I had a clutch issue before I changed all of the pads and cover it ran fine until now minus me losing my idler screw on my carb and im running a screw from the hp carb but it has ran fine e

Check the spark plug, if it's clean then remove the air filter, hold the throttle open and give the carb a short squirt of starting fluid. immediately try to start it. If there is any response (tries to start)
then look into the carb, and fuel mix ratio.

Check the spark plug, if it's clean then remove the air filter, hold the throttle open and give the carb a short squirt of starting fluid. immediately try to start it. If there is any response (tries to start)
then look into the carb, and fuel mix ratio.
I have to say starting fluid should only be used as a last ditch effort. That stuff can cause a lot of harm.
How about a half a beer cap full of gas down the spark plug hole and if it fires, you have fuel issues.

Before you do any of that pull the spark plug first and if it is dry, fuel issues, wet, spark issues.

In my experience the starter fluid will flash off faster than gasoline,
So very short run time. Introducing straight gas into the spark plug hole will wash down the cyl walls, unless it is pre-mix. And at this point the pre-mix may be the whole problem.
I guess a simplest test would be to pull the spark plug out of the
head and just ground against the head and spin the engine with the wheel off the ground. If good spark then there's a fuel problem

Back