Boygofast 47mm sleeved cylinder info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it probably won't hold. They said the steel will either drift sideways or drop. I don't see that happening unless you're revving the heck out of the engine for a long period of time. A zip to and from work shouldn't make the cylinder fail but I could be wrong. These are the same guys that race the motorized bikes that ride them hard. The proper way would to add a lip on the top of the sleeve where the diameter is larger and at least 1 locating slot.

I don't know.

We'll see though for sure ;)

I think, that for reliability and longevity of the engine life this is good,
like you said though,
A zip to and from work shouldn't make the cylinder fail but I could be wrong. These are the same guys that race the motorized bikes that ride them hard.

I'm not sure as of yet, but once spring gets here i'll be able to ride 3 hour trips and let ya'll know how goes it.

I slammed both sleeves on both cylinders with a hammer and could not get them to budge, I mean SLAMMED while the cylinder was in a vise.
No movement.

Now thats not to say after heating from rides will some how compromise the structural integrity of the steel and or the iron
while they mingle with eachother at crazy speeds..

I'm looking at the cast rings now that i have put through aprox. 40 min. worth of riding.
The face (part grinding the cyl. walls) looks silver now, not black/dark like the top of the ring.

I'm throwing my hands up, I have no clue :'(

HP

It probably won't move at all since it should be an interference pressed in fit. It's not like the sleeve is just floating in the block. Sorry for sounding toxic.

You weren't toxic there are other people that are worse on here don't worry. It was just an idea with the weld at the time I know the weld wouldn't stick to aluminum but it would stick to the steel (how well I don't know).

what abt a m2.5 screw or stud up thru the head? just scratching for novel solutions,,

It probably won't move at all since it should be an interference pressed in fit. It's not like the sleeve is just floating in the block. Sorry for sounding toxic.
Now that I understand.

No problem brother/sister..lol...sorry no clue what you are, no offense meant though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back