Brand new Coleman ct200u-ex doesnt always start and turns off. Help!

ango

Local time
1:04 PM
I just purchased a brand new assembled Coleman CT200U-EX mini bike. I have been wanting one for years. Anyways after about 3 hours or so of riding since my purchase, the bike is idling rough and doesnt want to start at times. I can start it with the choke then lay off the choke, which then sounds smooth but then it dies after about 1 minute or so. Its putting out some black smoke. I can see on the valve cover its a bit discolored now. I don't know if its getting hot. I tested the spark plug (it has spark) and then changed out the fuel and oil. same thing. I took off the round ball (gold in color to check it) but its clean. I don't know what is happening. I am attaching a photo. Any help would be appreciated. Im about to return it to the store. Im new to this.

It takes a NGK CHDY F7TC spark plug. But I cant find it at my local auto parts store.

Attachments

• ValveCover_12132021.jpg
    ValveCover_12132021.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 183
It takes a NGK CHDY F7TC spark plug. But I cant find it at my local auto parts store.

NGK BP7ES, or if it needs a colder plug, NGK-BP5ES, are the actual NGK numbers that replace the Chinese F7TC plug​

I would go with the colder plug on that one...Be sure to gap it at .025 thousandths.

Bump up the idle. If your carb isn't adjustable thanks to the EPA adjust the Idle at the throttle adjustment barrel

I just purchased a brand new assembled Coleman CT200U-EX mini bike. I have been wanting one for years. Anyways after about 3 hours or so of riding since my purchase, the bike is idling rough and doesnt want to start at times. I can start it with the choke then lay off the choke, which then sounds smooth but then it dies after about 1 minute or so. Its putting out some black smoke. I can see on the valve cover its a bit discolored now. I don't know if its getting hot. I tested the spark plug (it has spark) and then changed out the fuel and oil. same thing. I took off the round ball (gold in color to check it) but its clean. I don't know what is happening. I am attaching a photo. Any help would be appreciated. Im about to return it to the store. Im new to this.

Brand New - It's under warranty, take it back and have it fixed. Ask them what's wrong

Back