Break in

graggy

Local time
1:31 AM
I have run 2 gallons of gas ethanol free at 25 to 1 with valvoline 2 cycle oil. Can I switch over to amsoil yet or should I keep using the valvoline for longer and if so how much longer?

I have run 2 gallons of gas ethanol free at 25 to 1 with valvoline 2 cycle oil. Can I switch over to amsoil yet or should I keep using the valvoline for longer and if so how much longer?
How many miles on your breakin so far ???...Personally speaking, there is no harm done to use your existing 2 gallons before changing over.

It should be fairly well broken in but you can still run through your last two gallons if you wish, Valvoline is a decent brand oil and won't hurt anything, You can change it out to a 32:1 mix using the synthetic oil after you use that up...32:1 mix will be four ounces of oil to 1 gallon of the ethanol free gas that you seem to have available in your area.

It should be fairly well broken in but you can still run through your last two gallons if you wish, Valvoline is a decent brand oil and won't hurt anything, You can change it out to a 32:1 mix using the synthetic oil after you use that up...32:1 mix will be four ounces of oil to 1 gallon of the ethanol free gas that you seem to have available in your area.
I found that amsoil in a shop in my town. They want $17 dollars a quart plus shipping

They want $17 dollars a quart plus shipping
That's pretty much the same price online too...If it's in town for you, tell him don't ship it, save the cost and just pick it up from him yourself like I do.

Back