Engine Trouble BT80 running rich and nothing fixes it

This is what happens when newbs think they know it all LOL. Started out by saying the offset intake is 11mm I.D. then changed it to 15mm when in FACT they are 17mm witch with a 14-15mm carb is fine!As for the flow no not the best for a performance build but perfectly suited to stock or mildly done engines.The engine does not suck in a/f mix but rather as the pressure in the case drops below atmospheric pressure then the atmospheric pressure rush's in this all happens in a fraction of a second,then sit's in the case volume area until it's positively pressurized again to be pushed up the transfers.Wanna talk about dropping out of suspension,what do you think happens when the a/f is sitting in the case area?Back to the time in witch all this occurs,As I said it's a fraction of a second think about it if at 600 rpm this action occurs 10 times per second then at 6000 rpm well now we are talking nano seconds,this isn't a four stroke and by the way a longer intake improves throttle response just like a reed does and keep's the reverted pulse from hampering the next one this is also a proven Fact.

LOL far from a noob. 11mm was an exaggeration, if you didnt catch that well good on ya, in reality, they are 15mm definitely not 17mm. The OD is about 18mm and a pipe wall thickness of just under 2mm, ID being just about 15mm. I literally have one sitting in front of me right now, please tell me I'm wrong again. You're proving nothing but explaining how a pump works, thanks. And by the way, a drop in pressure is called a vacuum which results in something called suction so I don't know what definition you use for suction but apparently it's different than the rest of the world. As for these stupid intakes, nanoseconds matter, that's why every little factor changes how it will run down to the roughness of a chamfer on a carb slide. Intake lengths are a tuned to part of the charge, performance build or not it's clearly affecting how his stock engine runs. Using these overly bent up long intakes is not helping whatsoever. OP PLEASE JUST SWAP YOUR INTAKE and you'll see these dumbf***s don't really know what they think they do. Seriously your confidence is astronomical its harmful. This is what happens when old farts think they know it all LOL.

LOL far from a noob. 11mm was an exaggeration, if you didnt catch that well good on ya, in reality, they are 15mm definitely not 17mm. The OD is about 18mm and a pipe wall thickness of just under 2mm, ID being just about 15mm. I literally have one sitting in front of me right now, please tell me I'm wrong again. You're proving nothing but explaining how a pump works, thanks. And by the way, a drop in pressure is called a vacuum which results in something called suction so I don't know what definition you use for suction but apparently it's different than the rest of the world. As for these stupid intakes, nanoseconds matter, that's why every little factor changes how it will run down to the roughness of a chamfer on a carb slide. Intake lengths are a tuned to part of the charge, performance build or not it's clearly affecting how his stock engine runs. Using these overly bent up long intakes is not helping whatsoever. OP PLEASE JUST SWAP YOUR INTAKE and you'll see these dumbf***s don't really know what they think they do. Seriously your confidence is astronomical its harmful. This is what happens when old farts think they know it all LOL.
Dude you couldn't be more wrong! The offset intakes are steel not cast and ALL the steel intakes are 17mm I.D. here's a pic

Sure looks like 17mm to me LOL. Vacuum or suction is not seen in the carb or intake nor is it present in the case for long as the higher atmospheric pressure is in the carb and intake as the vac in the case is introduced (port opens or the reed) it's not really pulled in but rather pushed by the higher pressure value this is where the speed comes from as the vac alone would be to slow and be short circuited.Anyway I try to keep my answers simple to understand for folks whom are just learning.Oh and btw all the stock intakes have a 45 degree turn in them as well!

We're talking about these. I'm not sure why you'd speak on them because it's becoming clear you've never used/seen one. They aren't the same as a standard intake. You're really trying to dance around your false statement of saying an engine doesn't create suction

Last edited:
We're talking about these. I'm not sure why you'd speak on them because it's becoming clear you've never used/seen one. They aren't the same as a standard intake. You're really trying to dance around your false statement of saying an engine doesn't create suction
View attachment 91599
Dude wtf is wrong with you?I've been using these for a decade or just over now along with countless other's whom also have no issues with their functionality.Not only do I use them but cut them off the flange to change carb height and angle as needed and have been since I think it was 07 or so when they came out and you were like what ? 10y/o LOL They are 17mm I.D many of them have gone through my shop over the years

Keep talking as it's YOU whom are proving you don't know what the f*** you'r talking about!Wanna dance smart ass? The engine produces a slight vac yes but that vac does NOT pull in a/f through the carb and intake that's the higher pressure rushing in straight FACT'S go back to school!

Thats not the same one. That uses oversized tubes which is machined to fit, giving you your 17mm ID. The most common version is not like that at all

Thats not the same one. That uses oversized tubes which is machined to fit, giving you your 17mm ID. The most common version is not like that at all
Over sized tubes? wtf dude those have thicker walls same I.D.,if the I.D was 15 and the wall 2 the carb wouldn't fit!

Ill get pics when I have the chance. OD is slightly larger than 18mm wall thickness is slightly under 2mm

Ill get pics when I have the chance. OD is slightly larger than 18mm wall thickness is slightly under 2mm
So what your saying is the wall's of the one above are 4mm thick? LOL the flange isn't even 4mm thick and that O.D. HAS to be 19mm it's not that hard to figure out!

Back