Bumble Bee Bike Motors coming soon

Correction: Bumble Bee is Back!

I'll email bumble bee and let them know. I just use common sense and after install, I grab the motor and try to move the bracket, then tighten a little more. I don't even know how to use a torque wrench. Tight is tight to me. And Bumble Bee is so simple even I can use them. Pedal 4 cranks, drop the motor and squeeze throttle wide open until forced to stop.

Last edited:
My friend and owner of Bumble Bee is acting very serious about starting up the Bumble Bee Bolt-On operation again. The bracket system is simple, attaching to the frame with one 3/4" bolt. And the kit is removable when you park the bike by pulling one pin and loosening the velcro holding the throttle cable. I saw the prototype running last night, very cool. Friction drive on the tire - search my posts and there's a couple pics of my builds. It looks like about a month away...the kit will come with a carry bag - when you want, pull the kit off, throw it in the bag, hide under your desk at work, etc... I'll keep folks here posted and will get some pics up as soon as the pretty demo bike is built.

What kind of bike should he mount the thing on for showing it off?

I love my bumblebeebolton i have had 3 other kits and have destroyed every single one of them.(im really rough on kits) I gotta bumblebeebolton and its the best kit i have had. I have 2,000miles on it and no problems(besides i have changed the drive wheel every 800miles)!!! Beach cruisers are the best for these bikes!

Last edited:
Welcome 2stroker, been a while since I've been here. Drive wheel can last longer, tighten up the bungee cord tension slightly and pedal about ten cranks when taking off - avoid spinning the drive wheel upon takeoff.

I got the Micargi Cougar GTS - put the new factory bumblebee on, of course runs perfect.

Hey everyone DON'T buy a Micargi Cougar, the frame is junk steel with a crummy chrome finish - THEY RUST LIKE CRAZY! The rims are the only good parts on the whole bike, everything else is chinese junk all rust. My 1974 Jamis Earth Cruiser is way better! I guess dr. frankenstein (me) should swap their wheels...

Back