Cable over hydro brakes

so they're internally hydraulic and you keep your cable and lever, like just swap em in??

so they're internally hydraulic and you keep your cable and lever, like just swap em in??
Just swap them out with your current calipers, boom hydraulics. Haven't tried them myself, but reliable builder says they work great.

One of the main reasons to go hydraulic is to eliminate sponginess from the cable slightly stretching. This might have a stronger brake pressure but the cable will still stretch.

They look great and price is right,there is also now a dual acctuator in a single lever for full hydralic setups.I think I posted it here before I'll find the link and post it again.Zoom make some good stuff my whole front end is from them and their zero stack cartridge headsets are awesome!http://www.outbraker.com/product/outbraker-combined_system/

yeah, I was looking at Zoom forks for my 4 stroke build. I dont think I've heard anything bad about their products. good to know they put out a lot of good stuff

Very interesting, if you have the hub/disc and caliper attachment fittings your good to go. You can't beat the price either. Looks like a quality set, has to be easy to bleed the air out too.

I would hope that the pad area is larger and of good material,the regular replacement pad don't last me long,though the area is small witch i'm sure is a big factor.I can kill a new set of pads in two nights and a couple hundred miles of riding in the city's around the lake,I'll have to adjust them a few time's in that period to keep them optimal and then when you go to far you can actually drop a pad.I've gauged my rotor's and they have hardly shrunk so I'm left to assuming it's pad area.these are what my current caliper's use
1544934760132.png

And I want to try some like these with hydraulic's
1544935021457.png

That looks awesome,I think hydraulic in the caliper body would still be stronger than just cable pull because they wouldn't be relying on nearly as much cable tension for the pad accutation are therfore I would think be more positve especaily if there is any adjustability.I'll be trying them before I'll get a chance to try the outbreaker sys but IMO for the track or the street that is the best option I've seen yet the latest dual sys has a adjustable bias upto 60/40 and the over pull prevention.

Back