Carb clearance

Has anyone here used an offset 40mm carb intake? If so how did it work and what is a good one to get? Any recommendations?

What frame is this on? Do you have the ability to move the engine forward? The rear engine mount is designed to be able to be shimmed/spaced for both chain and clearance purposes. Longer studs or bolts may be required, but a spacer would be easy to make as it is literally just a rectangle with 2 holes in it.
I’ve got it moved about as far as I can. Still need room

The top part is easy to fix, just turn the carb a little bit at an angle, you would be surprised how much of an angle you can set your carb and still have it work. If you can't adjust your engine mount, you could try one of these intake solutions.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Has anyone here used an offset 40mm carb intake? If so how did it work and what is a good one to get? Any recommendations?
Haven't used one myself but here is a "Z" intake I found that should work for you if all else fails.

This low profile airfilter may also be able to fit like it does on my bike.

DSCN0227.JPG

DSCN0229.JPG

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I used the short one, works great!

Attachments

• 11021-b1397bd119ca191ddb8c4f298c00df8d.jpg
    11021-b1397bd119ca191ddb8c4f298c00df8d.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 76
  • PIC_3006.JPG
    PIC_3006.JPG
    302.4 KB · Views: 92
Back