Converting Lehr paropane 4 stroke to Gasoline

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
you still didnt say what gallon youre using.... 3.75L, 4.5L, or 5L...

here, australia, my refills are cheaper than gasoline, and if i had a POL outlet on the cars lpg tank, it would be half the price again.

gawd i love converting things!

maybe i should start talking in pints and quarts to make it easier? or gills? how about hundredweight? theres a few different varieties of that one too :) and as for fluid oz...

the idea of litres and kg must be too complex :giggle:

oooh, and as for that one. i said why. theyre too underpowered for my use. i got a HT and stuck with it til i got my license back.

now even the HT is lying in the driveway where it fell over 3 days ago :)

comes down to this;

the 25cc engine needs to be geared low to be of any use on a slope. it then over revs once youre doing 25km or so. so it requires a 2 speed box, for my area (hilly and a LONG way from anywhere). while i have a suitable auto 2 speed, other commitments has prevented me from doing anything. i needed transport at the time that didnt require a solid weeks work to make good and reliable.

i did mount one once, badly, more as the test run than a permanent thing. i broke the lugs off the case. i sort of expected it to happen, i was desperate at the time!

i contemplated making a new sump for them with a solid base to bolt to. contemplated just getting the tig onto existing case and reinforcing it a bit.

then shrugged and stuck with the HT. all current 4 strokes are too wide for a convenient fit without being annoying in some way.

this is like searching for the carb, the original purpose of this thread. i tried over 15 carbs, various configurations, with questionable results.

noone really knows anything, you just gotta nut it out yourself.

getting the proper subaru carb is the best option.

I guess gasoline is more expensive in Sydney than in the US where I am but this week it is starting to take off, and now it is nearing $4 per gallon where I am. Propane is sold here in 20 lb bbq tanks, probably the same ones you are using. The best option for hills is a 35cc or 50 cc connected to a cvt which I have built. More complicated but more fun.

its always more in au. 1.60+ at the mo...

buuuut, if i lived somewhere closer to anywhere else, 25cc would do. id be ferpectly happy.

my initial tests showed that it can cruise at 40, but yes, needs a gbox of some type to take off.

other thing ive contemplated is the lpg/electric conversion on a scooter :) that solves so many issues but creates one or two of its own...

Last edited:
Back