New Bearing Solution For 4 Stroke Belt Drive

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 4613

When I modified my belt drive on the 53cc four stroke, I had to ream out the clutch bell to take
a 20mm O.D. Olite bushing. I wanted to convert the drive to a sealed bearing solution but could
not find a supplier of a 15x20x4 sealed bearing. Today, I found one supplier who charges about
$7.00 for 10 bearings. These would be a snap to install and replace the brass bushing. Just
ream out slightly the bell and press fit two bearings, and they should slide easily over the
15mm shaft of the 4 stroke. Easy peasy to do. This is a permanent bearing solution that would be
just as good as Grubee's belt drive. Here's the supplier:

When I modified my belt drive on the 53cc four stroke, I had to ream out the clutch bell to take
a 20mm O.D. Olite bushing. I wanted to convert the drive to a sealed bearing solution but could
not find a supplier of a 15x20x4 sealed bearing. Today, I found one supplier who charges about
$7.00 for 10 bearings. These would be a snap to install and replace the brass bushing. Just
ream out slightly the bell and press fit two bearings, and they should slide easily over the
15mm shaft of the 4 stroke. Easy peasy to do. This is a permanent bearing solution that would be
just as good as Grubee's belt drive. Here's the supplier:
I know when I've delt with ALI they tend to have what you need and can't find anyplace else. Though you may have to wait a couple months for it to come from China lol

I know when I've delt with ALI they tend to have what you need and can't find anyplace else. Though you may have to wait a couple months for it to come from China lol
They have improved their shipping speed lately. Just be careful what shipping method you use. Aliexpress standard shipping is ok, but don't use sellers choice which is always slow boat shipping.
Our pal Amazon can be really slow on some things these days. I have a cassette remove tool supposedly coming that is now almost a month out.
Two day shipping is now two weeks on some things..
Some things are still unbeatable, I ordered some Permatex version of JB Weld, $10 two day delivery. Large tubes, great price for where I live.

Back