cooling fan ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy4KH88tLSY&feature=related
Its overkill, man.

But it might work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8176C-2JdQ8

:D
hey guys , i was thinkin about something today...not good , lol.......and i had this idea, if you were riding along and your motor started to over heat, you would have to sttop and let it cool down for a while, if it over heats then it will decrease engine life and your probably gunna be late for work lol, so i thought why not mount a windscreen washer pump out of a car ( about 2/3-1/2 the size of my fist) on to the frame with a fan blade on it pointed at the motor, you could hook it up to the light cable( cable used for light s lol duh)
and if u stopped at a light it woulkd keep your motor cool, you wouldnt even need a switch or a battery, the electric motors are cheap and last long and if it ran while you were riding down the street it wouldnt have much effect but it all still helps, ok ill try to explain my theory.

fan on frame,hooked up to wires used for lights from magneto
fan points into cooling fins
blows heat/ air through when idleing/ not moving but motor is running
helps add more air when moving? should help engine life? plz add thoughts and try it ( i havent got a motor on my bike yet still savin lol, got 200$ )

lol nother quick idea, wat if the fan was in a shroud so the little blade doesnt cut your leg ....lol

soz for posting twice but i thought i put it in a bad spot first time lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Four stroke lawn mower engines rely on the magneto/flywheel fan fins and the engine shroud to conduct air over the fins. perhaps a variation of this can be incorporated into a new modern 2sk bike motor. For now, you could build some small scoop or shroud to vent air across the fins as you ride, or move anything blocking airflow like a handle bag or front pannier racks.

Thomas Edison was crazy, right? That dude flew a kite in a storm!

re: Keep posting! If we were sane, we all would never have met. lol

well I feel compelled to admit that I got used to my 48cc chinese 4 stroke overheating as I would feel it slowing down
One time I left it running and urinated on the head
Leggings are a must and it helps to be discrete
as long as your not seen and you get home:rolleyes:

well I feel compelled to admit that I got used to my 48cc chinese 4 stroke overheating as I would feel it slowing down
One time I left it running and urinated on the head
Leggings are a must and it helps to be discrete
as long as your not seen and you get home:rolleyes:

he he.....maybe you could patent that idea, and sell it as a kit. :unsure:

Now for a name....Water cooled...nah, liquid cooled? mm mm....what to call it. :giggle:

Denny, did we give up when the Nazis bombed pearl harbor!?

No matter what you decide to call it Craisin, has to be "PC" (Politically correct, lol)

Last edited:
Denny, did we give up when the Nazis bombed pearl harbor!?

No matter what you decide to call it Craisin, has to be "PC" (Politically correct)

Heck no.....we kicked butt....what with George Washington as General and all. :D

Back