• Register now! It's free and easy.
  • Show your bike to the world, upload a photo today!
  • Hi Guest, did you know we have a dark style? It might be easier on the eyes at night time! Try it out here: Style Chooser

Dax 70 cc motor diagram?

• Thread starter Keepthedrivetommy
  • Start date
K

Keepthedrivetommy

Hi all,
I have been having a problem like the thread : http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=6239&highlight=power+loss but I am having this clicking noise, sounds more similar to a metal blade ceiling fan spinning very fast, and then someone taking a metal stick and pushing the metal stick into the spinning blades (imagine really fast loud metal clicking) It was doing this when I get up to 29.5 mph and over, but only when I let off the throttle. But I could speed all the way up to 33 before the engine sounded like its rpms were getting too high. Now, I get up to 31.2, and the rpms get real loud and all of a sudden the motor loses power, like someone yanking off my spark plug conector. I saw this thread from Ducky and he was basically having the same problem as me, only i am having a loss of power at the high end. SO I want to open the motor up and check that wrist pin thing, and the piston ofcourse, but I dont know how to open the motor up, from which side, and am afraid that if I open it up, something might fall out and I wont know where it goes. Does anyone have a diagram or instructions on how to open the motor up and where everything is?

H

hot70cc

Take the 4 Nuts off the top of the engine and it will all come off (HEAD&CYLINDER), The piston will slide right out of the cylinder. No Need To worry If you just want to check the piston /cylinder/rings/needle bearings/wrist pin. Thats all you need to do. Hope that helps.

K

Keepthedrivetommy

i opened the top part up but all there is, is a hole where the cylinder im guessing its the cylinder, and the piston but there isnt anything esle to take apart. How do you take the piston out?

K

Keepthedrivetommy

several hundred. Probably close to 500. Ive been ridding it hard since the mid/early summer. What happened to urs?

G

gauge

i was pulling at 15 mph easy then tap tap tap just died and pulled th intake manifold off to discover a hole, then i looked further to find it was a big crak

K

Keepthedrivetommy

This is getting a little confusing. I am checking underneath the piston, right? But once I unscrew the top 4 nuts and slide the "cylinder" off the screws, the piston is sitting in the hole, and I cant just grab it and pull it out because there is noting to grab on to.

???