Dilemma…small amount of metal shavings from bottom end.

Al Regresar

Local time
1:20 AM
So, this just fell out of the bottom end of a new p 85 k engine. Frankly, I was expecting more (heh, heh). It has been suggested to wash the inside with a mixture of gas and oil several times. Valvoline oil, of course…I’m not voiding my warranty, you know. Question: will this clean the crank bearings and also clear any small amount of grease that was in them thus necessitating a case split and re-lubrication and potential bearing replacement? Or, is it good to go with some assembly lube carefully placed down there?

Attachments

• 511D620B-BB9D-4E7A-9BCA-92314279E79E.jpeg
    511D620B-BB9D-4E7A-9BCA-92314279E79E.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 64
Two stroke oil on the bearings is better than that pile. If they're open to the case they get lubed from the oil in the fuel. Otherwise a sealed bearing is self contained.

So, this just fell out of the bottom end of a new p 85 k engine. Frankly, I was expecting more (heh, heh). It has been suggested to wash the inside with a mixture of gas and oil several times. Valvoline oil, of course…I’m not voiding my warranty, you know. Question: will this clean the crank bearings and also clear any small amount of grease that was in them thus necessitating a case split and re-lubrication and potential bearing replacement? Or, is it good to go with some assembly lube carefully placed down there?
I would be blowing it out with compressed air first, like the air hoses at a gas station, after any other left over debris is blown out, then I would slosh around some fuel oil mix in it, and then dump it out...Just don't use that spent fuel in the gas tank after, just get rid of it...lol.

I would be blowing it out with compressed air first, like the air hoses at a gas station, after any other left over debris is blown out, then I would slosh around some fuel oil mix in it, and then dump it out...Just don't use that spent fuel in the gas tank after, just get rid of it...lol.
Thanks, I forgot about air.

Back