Direction to top legal speed advice..

Local time
2:36 PM
So I thought about pulling extra work hours to beef up the bike.

Looking to go all out on the engine with Jack kit as the last on my list...
What are some good expansion chambers, plugs, and cylinder heads?

Should I go dual ignition or quad ignition?

My goal is to Max out acceleration and torque to 30-35mph.

Has to be beneficial to gradual incline about 30% and 80% torque.

New bike, new everything.

No expansion chambers above $80.00

No billet parts (yet)

If carburetor upgrades recommended $50.00 Max budget.

No uncovered come filter mods as for longevity I would like the upgraded water proof version of the cone filters.

Let's get it popping...

You can do between 30-35mph with your stock motor.

Some bolt ons are worth the money and some not

1.) Carburetor... What benefit do you see having a 15mm or larger carb with more air flow only to have it choked back down from the majority of intake manifolds sold today?... waste of money.

If you want a bigger carb you need to modify your stock manifold to take advantage of one but honestly you don't need one.

2.) Ignition...I've seen a dual plug head but that's not needed at all to reach your goal....waste of money.

3.) Plug...the proper plug is always a good thing... Get yourself an NGK plug in the proper heat range for your climate and your done....If you want more, get the NGK plug wire and boot and an OZ super magneto.

4.) Cylinder head...ok this can't hurt you really and will provide lower temperatures which is a good thing...just be sure it's of the same CC as the head you have now and has a proper squish band for your motors bore/piston size...Don't just but any head... Ask for advice.

5. Expansion chamber...Now this is a bolt on that can make a big difference in power if chosen properly...There is really only a small handful of somewhat considered decent pipes on the market... Again ask around before pulling the trigger on one.

In my opinion the best way to reach your listed goal is to build for torque more so than high rpm power then gear properly to reach your speed target...but I still personally think you can do that with a stock motor.

Last edited:
If you want to build for more low end torque a bigger carb is needed,Yes the stock aluminum intake dia is small at 15mm but the steel ones can be 17.5-18mm see pic below.That will work with any 17-18mm carb,the stock ports equivalent dia is 19mm so using a 14mm carb leaves the cylinder fill shy of volume this reduces torque potentail.Also widen the port widths this improves flow rate and volume this with proper cylinder fill makes a huge difference in torque and power output.A good head will help keep temps down and the pipe properly tunned can put the power band anywhere you want it.

Attachments

• 2016-11-25 22.40.09.jpg
    2016-11-25 22.40.09.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 132
You can do between 30-35mph with your stock motor.

Some bolt ons are worth the money and some not

1.) Carburetor... What benefit do you see having a 15mm or larger carb with more air flow only to have it choked back down from the majority of intake manifolds sold today?... waste of money.

If you want a bigger carb you need to modify your stock manifold to take advantage of one but honestly you don't need one.

2.) Ignition...I've seen a dual plug head but that's not needed at all to reach your goal....waste of money.

3.) Plug...the proper plug is always a good thing... Get yourself an NGK plug in the proper heat range for your climate and your done....If you want more, get the NGK plug wire and boot and an OZ super magneto.

4.) Cylinder head...ok this can't hurt you really and will provide lower temperatures which is a good thing...just be sure it's of the same CC as the head you have now and has a proper squish band for your motors bore/piston size...Don't just but any head... Ask for advice.

5. Expansion chamber...Now this is a bolt on that can make a big difference in power if chosen properly...There is really only a small handful of somewhat considered decent pipes on the market... Again ask around before pulling the trigger on one.

In my opinion the best way to reach your listed goal is to build for torque more so than high rpm power then gear properly to reach your speed target...but I still personally think you can do that with a stock motor.

Oz super magneto motor works $19.99 more winds on the magneto versus stock....

The plug kit I saw on there comes with clutch pads should I buy that kit ngk boot 6hs, 7hs, and 8hs?

Sounds like a good deal for $16.00 but how quick do clutch pads wear out?

Also carburetor upgrades are always good even if not beneficial high quality = less chance of float sticking.

As for expansion chambers what are some good brands under $100.00?

I want one that is fair but not so large it's a "police magnet" even an exhaust that is similar to a dual exhaust or chopper style.

If you want to build for more low end torque a bigger carb is needed,Yes the stock aluminum intake dia is small at 15mm but the steel ones can be 17.5-18mm see pic below.That will work with any 17-18mm carb,the stock ports equivalent dia is 19mm so using a 14mm carb leaves the cylinder fill shy of volume this reduces torque potentail.Also widen the port widths this improves flow rate and volume this with proper cylinder fill makes a huge difference in torque and power output.A good head will help keep temps down and the pipe properly tunned can put the power band anywhere you want it.

16- 16.5mm is about the Max required for this build I feel any bigger would make cold starting a bisnotch

Do they make pre-made jet kits for these things intend on staying away from a drill in this area.
Yes, you can get jet kits for just about any carb in existence luckily. Unfortunately these bikes tend to be a police magnet regardless, though that depends mostly on the attitude of the police in your area, remember it's part of their job to get 'illegal' vehicles off the road, and to most of them a vehicle without a license plate will fall under that category..

Back