Direction to top legal speed advice..

So the $49 dollar zeda66 pipe is designed for a 10k rpm stock motor?....I don't think most ever see past 7k and that pipe is designed for a stock or mildy modded engine as you've even stated before....I doubt I'll see 10k rpm and you know I'm going through alot of efforts to go as fast as I can using all stock parts minus crazy high rpm only porting and timing changes.

So what would your suggestion be for a torque pipe that will never see 10k rpm?

Maybe a pitbike exhaust for $25.00?
Ok we'll do this again a stock engine with stock gear and the most commen 26" wheel doing 35mph is reving 8,155 rpm and at 40mph it's 9,319 rpm,How fast was it you want to go stock 50? think about it that's 11,660 rpm so yes those pipes are designed to stage around 8,000 rpm and require a longer header to lower the point at witch it stages.

I feel like the OP could just put a 48t rear sprocket on it, retard timing by ~5° at the magnet key, and be riding straight away with great acceleration and a limited top speed. No real low end (of engine RPM) boosting pipe is needed then. Other mods could be added, but whenever.

I feel like the OP could just put a 48 rear sprocket on it and retard timing by ~5° at the magnet key, and be riding straight away with great acceleration and a limited top speed. No real low end (of engine RPM) boosting pipe is needed then. Other mods could be added, but whenever.
Agreed it would be a bit quicker to accelerate and have better mid range throttle responce over the 44t gear but then it's closer to 9,000 to hit 35mph and in the engines sweet spot 5,700-6,000 rpm best range to cruise in the mph is 23 and doesn't really seem all that impressive for those whom are wanting to actually feel the pull that these engines lack.Retarding the timming IMO is a must even just for longevity and deffinatly for high rpm builds.

Ouch....! yeah I noticed the zeda is a banana pipe so there still would be baffles?

Either way pipe mods wouldn't hurt to much I'm aware it's not a race car...

There will be some winners and some whiners.... very focused on its performance.

Last but not least it boils down to heads, porting and rejetting.
The Zeda pipe is an expansion chamber...maybe a cheap one but I'm sure better than the "banana" pipe that looks like an expansion chamber on the outside.

Ok we'll do this again a stock engine with stock gear and the most commen 26" wheel doing 35mph is reving 8,155 rpm and at 40mph it's 9,319 rpm,How fast was it you want to go stock 50? think about it that's 11,660 rpm so yes those pipes are designed to stage around 8,000 rpm and require a longer header to lower the point at witch it stages.

50 eventually, yes....how fast I can go with what I'm doing first has yet to be determined...Any predictions?

50 eventually, yes....how fast I can go with what I'm doing first has yet to be determined...Any predictions?

Still not a race car but a 50cc in theory can do about 45mph flat max on any level based of moped knowledge.

However, we don't have restricted plates there are still gains for 50cc 2 stroke bikes but for 4 strokes not so much due to valves and timing setups.

1 inch diameter exhausts go a long way in 2 strokes.

Still not a race car but a 50cc in theory can do about 45mph flat max on any level based of moped knowledge.

However, we don't have restricted plates there are still gains for 50cc 2 stroke bikes but for 4 strokes not so much due to valves and timing setups.

Look up 50cc speed records there are bikes that have gone over 125mph and heavy scooters that do over 70 mph and I believe that the land speed record for a 50cc is almost 150 mph.

Look up 50cc speed records there are bikes that have gone over 125mph and heavy scooters that do over 70 mph and I believe that the land speed record for a 50cc is almost 150 mph.

I've heard there was a Ferrari that got beat by a 50cc for speeds it doesn't bother me hell if it faster then I expect it's OK.

I'm working with 69.4 cc...The garbage 2 port cylinder head is what's keeping things back for the most part....would be nice to see a 4 or 5 port cylinder made for us.

I've built .21 3 port RC motors that make more horsepower than my stock 69cc...sad.

Last edited:
Back