Disguise motor

Stellsbellz

Local time
1:19 AM
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is anyway to disguise a motor on our bikes. Just a standard DIY 2 stroke kit. I live in NY unfortunately. I don't know if the town would give me a hard time or not. My plan was to peddle through town and use the motor on and off. Using the kill switch quite a bit to kill the sound. Unless there is way to quiet the exhaust.

New member,
Mike

seen folks mount motor in big box behind seat - others mount in a push trailer with cover

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is anyway to disguise a motor on our bikes. Just a standard DIY 2 stroke kit. I live in NY unfortunately. I don't know if the town would give me a hard time or not. My plan was to peddle through town and use the motor on and off. Using the kill switch quite a bit to kill the sound. Unless there is way to quiet the exhaust.

New member,
Mike
It's pretty hard to hide the sound of a 2 stroke,and if you want it to work well they need to breath.A four stroke however can run quite happily with very little exhaust noise but you would still here the intake.

It's pretty hard to hide the sound of a 2 stroke,and if you want it to work well they need to breath.A four stroke however can run quite happily with very little exhaust noise but you would still here the intake.
Really? Never even thought about a 4 stroke. Ill have to price it out. Thanks

The his 142f is a generator/water pump engine meant to run inside a box. They are pretty quiet with the right exhaust. Very durable and will run for hundreds of hours, have almost 2 years of daily use on my 144f (slightly wider cylinder and piston) pulling 5-50 miles a day. Get a small duffel bag or something, cut a hole in the front and back for ventilation and make a wire frame to keep it off the engine/exhaust.

Back