Engine/exhaust pipe size

Jayjohnson

Local time
8:50 AM
I noticed the port on the engine is rectangular, while the pipe flange is circular and a great deal smaller. I know exhaust plays a huge part of how these engines work. Is there a exhaust pipe made with the rectangular connection. Or something I can do to make less restriction?

I noticed the port on the engine is rectangular, while the pipe flange is circular and a great deal smaller. I know exhaust plays a huge part of how these engines work. Is there a exhaust pipe made with the rectangular connection. Or something I can do to make less restriction?
Yes there is, its called port matching which I will leave to someone else that has actually had to do this and will know exactly how to explain how it's done.

Is there an exhaust out there that is an ideal flange and pipe size to match these engines. I don’t understand why they would make the engine and exhaust different sizes.

Is there an exhaust out there that is an ideal flange and pipe size to match these engines. I don’t understand why they would make the engine and exhaust different sizes.
Different suppliers for various motors. In the stock mufflers that come with the kits there is quite a variance between them. They look the same but over 1/8 difference in pipe ID.

Back