Install an exhaust

Bary Kiddo

Local time
2:01 PM
Hello there,

I got an issue with the exhaust. I really want to install it so it will redirect the exhaust and reduce the noise. However, I don't want to turn the exhaust 180 degrees so that it fits, because then the exhaust will be blowing in the rider’s face.

Normally, the manufacturer says that the exhaust should fit universally, but it's in the way of the left pedal crank and part of the engine when I'm pedaling hard. Are there any solutions? It has a 100cc 2-stroke single-cylinder motor.

Also, sometimes the chain falls off the rear sprocket, which is dangerous. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Hello there,

I got an issue with the exhaust. I really want to install it so it will redirect the exhaust and reduce the noise. However, I don't want to turn the exhaust 180 degrees so that it fits, because then the exhaust will be blowing in the rider’s face.

Normally, the manufacturer says that the exhaust should fit universally, but it's in the way of the left pedal crank and part of the engine when I'm pedaling hard. Are there any solutions? It has a 100cc 2-stroke single-cylinder motor.

Also, sometimes the chain falls off the rear sprocket, which is dangerous. Any ideas on how to fix that?
This is just another example of having pics to see the bike overall from different angles to see just what you have to work with.

Pics help us to help you when trying to configure things to fit properly.

Yeah, actually a good tip! I’ll work on it. I know that pics would be pretty useful, but I don't have any right now. I'm hoping that someone who has experience with this type of issue will be able to provide me with some suggestions or advice. I'm a bit eager to get the exhaust installed and enjoy it.

A blow torch and bending it out of the way will work for the exhaust. For your chain issue it's better if we have pictures

Thanks for trying to help. The exhaust is in the way a lot. The pedal crank can't turn any further, but it could on the opposite side of the second pedal crank. I'm not sure at all if I'm comfortable using a blowtorch (I do not have a blowtorch) to bend the exhaust. I don't want to damage it. I'm also not sure if I could bend it enough to clear the pedal crank. I am still looking forward to someone with experience with this type of issue will be able to provide me with some more specific suggestions.

Thanks for trying to help. The exhaust is in the way a lot. The pedal crank can't turn any further, but it can on the opposite side of the second pedal crank. I'm not sure at all if I'm comfortable using a blowtorch to bend the exhaust. I don't want to damage it. I'm also not sure if I could bend it enough to clear the pedal crank. I am still looking forward to someone with experience with this type of issue will be able to provide me with some more specific suggestions.
Is your bike sing or multi speed? You could put a wide crank on it and it should clear the exaust

Back