Engine numbers?

Do HS or Honda engines have a factory number?

My HuaSheng has a serial number but it's stamped right where the transmission bolts up. It is impossible to see once any transmission is in place. Here's a picture with the serial number circled in red.

Attachments

• HS Serial Number 25.JPG
    HS Serial Number 25.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 198
Back to the original topic at hand...

My HuaSheng has a serial number but it's stamped right where the transmission bolts up. It is impossible to see once any transmission is in place. Here's a picture with the serial number circled in red.

Well, nearly impossible to see...see? A photo taken from the opposite side of my bike, with the transmission in background...

IMG_0655.jpg (34.8 KB)

Sorry for the mess, just lubed my chain...and yes, it's an HS 49er.

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
So it seems that either HS can't make up their mind where to stamp the numbers or they stamp them in 2 different locations.
Either way, if I put the 2 stroke I have into my Atlas frame now, I will have to get a different bike when I am able to afford the 4 stroke I really want.
I am just going to hope for the best and look for a good used 44" mountain bike on craigslist when I get the 4 stroke. I really want to build a bike now, and I have everything to build a 2 stroke except a Manic Mechanic sprocket adapter.
I have enough scrap metal to recycle so I can afford the adapter.

So it seems that either HS can't make up their mind where to stamp the numbers or they stamp them in 2 different locations.

Well my engine definitely is only stamped in one location so it looks like they couldn't make up their mind where to put the number.

Same location...

Not possitive, but pretty sure those serial #'s are stamped in the same place on the crankcase...just the angles we shot the photos makes them look different. The number is on the rear of the crankcase...well on mine anyway. (repeat) I'm pretty sure they're all stamped (engraved) in the same location.

On abikerider's pic, the numbers are on the side of the crankcase, facing towards the left. I can also see a raised boss on the rear face of the crankcase facing rearward, just to the right of the numbers.
On scotto-'s pic they appear to be placed on the aforementioned raised boss, facing rearwards in stead of to the left.
Different, but in the same general area as far as location on the cases is concerned.

Very interesting, these Hua Sheng folks!

It kind of makes me wish I had a dot pin punch machine. I could make my own numbers, factory style. Illegal as all get out, but I can dream..........

Dream...

It kind of makes me wish I had a dot pin punch machine. I could make my own numbers, factory style. Illegal as all get out, but I can dream..........

You can do it very carefully with a scratch awl and a hammer, it just takes forever...why dream? But you didn't hear it from me:censored:

Back