Ex-scooterist intrigued by motoredbikes

Trip

Local time
6:45 AM
A few weeks back my wife and I were on vacation in Appalachian mountains of NC. I saw a group of guys on motorized bicycles on the Blueridge Parkway, and nobody else was having as much fun as they were. I used to be into vintage Vespas, but after a guy in our club was killed on his scooter my wife got very scared of me riding, and I lost a lot of confidence in my own ability to stay safe on a scooter. These motorized bikes are hard to get out of my head, though!

Welcome to the forum!
Motorized Bicycles are not really scary at all, cagers are!

Ain't that the truth, GearNut! Cars and trucks were bad about not seeing two-wheelers twenty years ago, and with the advent of cell phones and texting it's gotten worse.

Welcome... ummm I guess because people die in aircraft accidents, automobile accidents you shouldn't fly or drive... No matter the mode of transportation, you need to pay attention for the other guy. Just yesterday or the day before a 50 yo doctor drove off a cliff near Malibu, CA. That's one cell phone (texting at that time) user we don't have to worry about. Bad thing about it was he had his dog with him. Dog banged up but OK. One more down thousands to go.

Back