Extreme Tune Up!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
exhaust

Just a simple question. If these kits are using the same size exhaust pipes for the 48 cc as the 80 cc then wouldn't it make sence to open the 80 cc just a little to balance it better?
Doc :???:

rcjunkie said:
Here we go again. I'm not going allow misinformation to be posted.

ahem...here we go again, too? seeing as how the misinformation has been posted, methinks your only choice would be to correct it with a reply, but why does it appear so doggoned difficult to correct someone & maybe leave the derogative tone out of it? more than a couple of our recent topics are disintegrating into discourse, let's all try to do better, eh? i mean me, too.

i am accepting straight-answer/no-insult articles for the manual. something copied and pasted from previous correct & informative posts about fuel basics would be appropriate, don't you think? then, anyone posts the wrong info, we simply reply with a link to the manual-topic, and noone gets upset. what do you say, can we "work smart" here?

Dockspa1, to address your question with my experience...the best overall performance i've had with my exhaust is "inside baffle-tube cut off, endcap with small outlet re-installed."

Slick 50: Was available for 2cycle engines back in the 80's and was applied by a method other than in the fuel mixture. Around the same time there was a Slick 50 type product called "Microlon" that was aproved for aircraft by the FAA. The "brain wash" I spoke of came from a respected aircraft maintenace shop as well as other aircraft mechanics. Air density was not the issue in that it was flown many times with the same improved performance. The rotax engines had many inflight failures due to a leaking seal which we tried to correct and keep a check on. Ultralights were left on there own except for weight,fuel quanity and speed regs by the FAA. Like these Chinese engines,except for engine fuel/oil mixture and breakin procedure there were no manufactures recomendations. Ultralights were not in the same class as general avation. More like motorcycles compaired to motorized bicycles and most bicycle use 2cycle engines. My only intent was to share some thoughts and expierence I had that may or may not be of interest to this group.

I too am a pilot with many safe hours in various pistion aircraft (none in turbine) starting in 1956 - 1997 but do not wish to pass myself off as a know it all. This forum is not the place to bring aviation jargon, sorry,did not intend it to go this way.

High octain - sounds like it is working good for you, may try some myself.

augi you know i dont post insults i just try to get info and solve probs.

and yes bill snow the higher octane dose help you should try it yourself or the option of just putting some octane booster helps alot. i know most of you tthink the exaust i have is to big but to tell you the truth it is really only the size of the opening on the end of the exaust keeps good flow idk why you guys are aginst it but this is the last time ill say it is awsome :D

"MBc EDIT - This post contains information or advice that MotoredBikes.com knows to be incorrect."

ok, this is technically correct: higher octane has no benefit for our low compression engines & advising someone to use any additives beyond pre-mix is not cool. you could cost them their engine or worse.

umm im just telling them what i did to mine and bill said he wanted to try it and i said you shoul. i would never try to make someone do something wrong to their bikes. im just telling you how mine performes with higher octane i dont know why you guys have to deny how my bike performs. it runs good with the new exaust and octane im not trying to like tell them to put rocket fuel in im just giveing the info that made my bike work alot better then when i got it. thats all augi. last thing i would want to do is hear that someone broke their bike

or the option of just putting some octane booster helps alot.

jeff, i've tried it both ways and back, ok? high-octane/low-octane, every mixture setting, various pre-mix ratios.

lowest octane, real-oil, rich mix (in my case, i use 36:1) which is, sorta, exactly the parameters these engines were designed to work with in the world they were made for. within certain limited ranges, that's the best you can do.

i'm NOT cutting you or your bike, but i'm dang-well cutting your propensity to throw info around that the community knows to be incorrect or, at the least, inaccurate.

well my bad i was just giveing my info on my bike. i dont care you can run 89 you like it like that i just said with my new exaust it works thats all im done with this topic lets just move on the something whare we dont have to argue

i don't have to argue, i'll just put some new rules into play, better check 'em out before you start seeing red :censored:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back