EZM Meets Schwinn DelMar....

OK....here it is. I just started today with the installation of my long awaited and highly anticipated EZ Silent drive system. Please forgive the cellphone pics, but its what Ive got.

First is the Schwinn as it looked right out of my jeep and fresh from WallyWorld. Then we have an hour later and finally one of the front end....then I lost my light. More in a day or so. Boy am I like a kid at christmas.

Attachments

• schwinn1.jpg
    schwinn1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,018
  • schwinn2.jpg
    schwinn2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,109
  • schwinn3.jpg
    schwinn3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 807
Sorry....still no more pics, but I did make some more progress today. I cranked up the little MIG welder and fabbed up a set-back seat post from the stock piece and a piece of 6" flat stock. Sets the seat back about 5" so now Im not sitting on the rear rack, LOL. Still waiting on a 26x2.125 rear wheel from HUSKY....once I have that I can order the sprocket adapter and be rolling in a short while. Cant hardly wait to do some testing and tweeking. :whistle:

Addl: Heres a cellphone pic of the seat post mod. I know....fuzzy....but its what there is at present.

Attachments

• delmar2a.jpg
    delmar2a.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
I'll look thru what I have, but it is the standard mounting plate that is included in all EZ Motorbike kits. It is adjustable fore and aft and will accomodate a variety of tube angles and the engine will adjust side to side. Its really a great set-up.

Schwinn DelMar

Hi youngbird, did that wheel ever come in? I have a guy out here who is looking at either the Kaluna Moondog, or the DelMar, and I'd like to show him the pics of yours, as everything I have is vintage, and not the same look.

Mike

It sure did and Im really glad Ive been using Husky wheels. They are a very good wheel. I also just got my new sprocket adapter. I need to drill my 60 tooth sprocket as the 40 that came with it is kinda small.

Newest holdup is the tires. I have a set of Kenda Flames, 26x3, but they are a bit wide for the rear so Im gonna drop down to 26x2.125 Kendas. After that all there is remaining is the wider pedal cranks. Im not sure if I want to go 3 piece or just get a wider 1 piece. Its cheaper but isnt quite so good looking. Decisions, decisions! LOL. I have just finished fabbing up a front light bracket. Its aluminum and is set up for a bullet headlight which will have a "cree" insert of 250 lumens and 2 lower powered white "road lights" on top and amber turn signals underneath, kinda harley-esque.

Its kinda tough getting thru this build and christmas gifting, but I imagine it will all be done by first of the year.