Fear of injury and the necessity of safety

Al Regresar

Local time
5:38 AM
Oh, those golden days of youth when I felt invincible and felt that I would live forever. Now, at 59 y/o I hope I have more wisdom and I don’t heal so fast. I never want to go through reconstructive knee surgery again. Besides, there are too many responsibilities to my family , future employers, and creditors. Safety, is the name of the game. I like the mechanical and technical part of builds and how to make this hobby as safe as possible because I want to be around to enjoy it. That said, there is a time and place for everything and a time to twist the tiger’s tail. Ta la.

Ya, safety is big around here, listen to what these guys say, I should have the first time...

There's some amazing safety gear for m/c riders out there. Light jackets with elbow protection, back and shoulder protection. Pants with built in butt and knee protectors. You can spend hundreds or just $40 for a jacket for example. I have one of those $40 jackets and it would help a lot. Jacket helps protect against road rash too.

One of my most common replies to those who are seeking more speed is; "What are you using for Brakes?" "Stopping is far more important than going fast". "Invest in a good braking system before doing upgrades for more speed"

I also share the Cyclist Eye View Videos. Being a good MBer starts with being a good cyclist first.

There's some amazing safety gear for m/c riders out there. Light jackets with elbow protection, back and shoulder protection. Pants with built in butt and knee protectors. You can spend hundreds or just $40 for a jacket for example. I have one of those $40 jackets and it would help a lot. Jacket helps protect against road rash too.

Back