Finding Performance By Accident

Apples and oranges.
2 differing problems and the contents of the link you posted are consistent with what I said.
We are talking a small, low power ignition system here and my point was around engine performance, not spurious side effects of solid wire. If you don't have wireless speedos or tachs it is more likely to not be an issue. I bought a wireless speedo and it wouldn't work so I got a wired one all is well.
Thanks for the chat.

Geo

V T - I like the explanation of the ignition this HT engine has. Just so you know I have moved the ignition timing up by moving the key in the rotor, I did not do it scientifically so I can not tell you how much I moved it but it was conservative. What I found was it just made the engine fussy. I could not tell if it had more power but it was not worse, just fussy, it needed a lot more attention when cold and the like. I now put it back and like the way it runs stock, I have a lot of porting, carb and pipe mods they work the best. Have fun Dave

I bought 5 ' of both the red and clear ignition wires for under 20 bucks with shipping so ill have enough to do as many bikes as i would ever want. These wires just look great and with red or clear fuel line it all matches.Also going to try some braided steel wire cover on my stock boring fuel line and see if i like that . Its all in the Detail Detail Detail

Thanks, Egor, for the info. I have the classic "black box" query. It turns out my guess at the inside schematic may be off. I posted what I thought was a schematic of what is in the box but after I checked input voltage and current with an oscilloscope I realize it is a little more sophisticated. There are some waveforms under this thread http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?p=157009#post157009
but the schematic is a bad guess. The alternator schematic is accurate.
Any guess's?
George

Back