Frame mount Huasheng 4 stroke, no acceleration

jim:
Can u post your thoughts about the hub adapter from MM after you've trialed it....at half the price of the Clam Shell from Live Fast Motors it's very tempting.
I'm assuming your going to use MM's sprocket?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hub Adapter and Sprocket

Here are a couple of pictures that I took tonight. Will follow up with a user report later. The adapter gives me around 1/4" adjustment in and out for the sprocket alignment to the transmission output sprocket. Obviously that is going to vary from hub to hub. The tapered posts fit between the spokes with out touching any of them. Really locks on well and fits like a glove. (not a bloody one either.) Slapped my own hand for that one! ( This seems to be the answer that I thought I would only get by going to a disk brake hub with special machining of the sprocket. The alloy sprocket must save 1 - 2#? Didn't weigh them, but could really feel the difference. An other great thing is if you find you need a little higher speed on a little more power, you can order a sprocket with 2 - 3 - or 4 fewer or greater teeth. I ordered a 54 to replace the 56 tooth that is standard with the 4 stroke kit.I want to keep the RPMs down some at cruse.

Jim

jim:
Can u post your thoughts about the hub adapter from MM after you've trialed it....at half the price of the Clam Shell from Live Fast Motors it's very tempting.
I'm assuming your going to use MM's sprocket?

Attachments

• SANY0968.JPG
    SANY0968.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 243
  • SANY0964.JPG
    SANY0964.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 267
  • SANY0965.JPG
    SANY0965.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
here!

It sounds like something ias way too tight! I have about 12,000 on mine and I have hasd a few issues with power ! everytime I find my rear bearings too tight!!! The cluch has worked just fine (spring in/ spring out) either way I installed it! I am on my second cluch!
You may also have too much grease in the trans!!! If the cluch has grease on it , you might have to get it going to clean the surface of the cluch!!!

Back