Frame shaking @ specific RPM during Acceleration.

Well I figured out what I'm going to do, Buy OCC offset mount, install centrifugal clutch kit on my Avenger.

Give that a shot.

If it works, I'm probably the first person to put a 2 stroke on a Phatmoto.

If it works well, I might consider a Phantom or minarelli since my Cruze bike will be engineless.
I don't see why it wouldn't work. Trim off all the fat and use the factory jack shaft. Not much different than a felt faker.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Trim off all the fat and use the factory jack shaft. Not much different than a felt faker.
I'm not going to use the in-built jackshaft, I think it's the culprit for frame shaking/harmonics.

I should be able to get to the sprocket with the engine.

Only question is how the exhaust will fit.

I'm not going to use the in-built jackshaft, I think it's the culprit for frame shaking/harmonics.

I should be able to get to the sprocket with the engine.

Only question is how the exhaust will fit.
You will have lots of room for the exhaust on a 2t compared to a 224/212, especially with those wide cranks.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Since we are talking about engine ideas, let me toss this out there.
Suzuki AX100 Lifan clone.

Make a mount plate for the front and bottom mount, and use your existing seat tube mount and adapt it for the rear. It's only an 8hp engine out of the box and you can get a cheap exhaust for the AX100 motorcycle for it and modify it as needed.

Make a hand shifter for it and have 4 gears to work with. Instead of riding around shifting all the time you can treat it as a range box. Set your sprockets up so that second and third are you main gears for riding, then you have first for the mightiest of hills, and 4th if you are going to hammer out some miles.

Since we are talking about engine ideas, let me toss this out there.
Suzuki AX100 Lifan clone.

Make a mount plate for the front and bottom mount, and use your existing seat tube mount and adapt it for the rear. It's only an 8hp engine out of the box and you can get a cheap exhaust for the AX100 motorcycle for it and modify it as needed.

Make a hand shifter for it and have 4 gears to work with. Instead of riding around shifting all the time you can treat it as a range box. Set your sprockets up so that second and third are you main gears for riding, then you have first for the mightiest of hills, and 4th if you are going to hammer out some miles.
I actually saw someone with the same setup, I've also seen similar engines with an A/T and that would definitely simplify things.

Right now I just want to enjoy a motorized bike safely and not hemorrhage more money!

If I revisit this, this is probably the route I'll take since utility engines seem a little too crude for this frame

I actually saw someone with the same setup, I've also seen similar engines with an A/T and that would definitely simplify things.

Right now I just want to enjoy a motorized bike safely and not hemorrhage more money!

If I revisit this, this is probably the route I'll take since utility engines seem a little too crude for this frame
Oh I know how you feel. I was just giving you my bad ideas to work with too lol. I want to use an AX100 engine for something, so I try to live vicariously through other people. It's a great little 98cc 2 stroke, and fairly low revving with lots of cooling fin area like a proper motorcycle cylinder and head. Peak HP is about 8 and only 5500rpm. It's not a screamer, it's a tractor lol.

Oh I know how you feel. I was just giving you my bad ideas to work with too lol. I want to use an AX100 engine for something, so I try to live vicariously through other people. It's a great little 98cc 2 stroke, and fairly low revving with lots of cooling fin area like a proper motorcycle cylinder and head. Peak HP is about 8 and only 5500rpm. It's not a screamer, it's a tractor lol.
Oh, trust me, I was eyeballing those engines for hours before getting the 224.

My only reservations was the cost and the overall difficulty of the project, but I did not know the 224 was going to be probably as big as a challenge.

I spent about $300 for this project only to axe it.

My only reservations was the cost and the overall difficulty of the project, but I did not know the 224 was going to be probably as big as a challenge.

I'm not in your shoes but seems to me you are so close to getting this sorted. Just a few small things to work the bugs out of.
I know the devil is in the details but still. I've read your trials and tribulations with rapt attention and would love to see you make this happen.

As Impulse said, " so I try to live vicariously through other people." Me too.

Wait until the day you have to axe a project with an extra zero in that figure. I had to do that once. I got burned on a motorcycle I was hoping to restore, and the 2 issues I found with the bike were of the nature that I would have to sink unknown thousands into it to make it right, all for a bike that wouldn't be worth half of what I would be spending.

Thankfully, I was able to part out what was left of it and recovered a bit of my money back, but I still had to swallow about a 1500 dollar loss. That was a hard pill to get down. Still irritates me when I think about it.

Back