Avenger 85 Log.

The front caliper has a weldment on the fork from the factory, its centered and adjusted correctly, but I'm going to rough up the pads and scour the rotor, but one disc brake isn't enough past 15mph.

The rear is an old-school single wheel brake caliper with soft grey rubber pads.

Connected to a double pull lever with bias to the front because the vulcrum means the outside (front) cable moves further.
I thought you said it was a Hyper???...The Hyper branded beach cruisers do not come with a factory welded adapter or "weldment" for holding on a disk brake caliper.

Now it's all the more would I love to see a close up pic of that front fork setup.

I thought you said it was a Hyper???...The Hyper branded beach cruisers do not come with a factory welded adapter or "weldment" for holding on a disk brake caliper.

Now it's all the more would I love to see a close up pic of that front fork setup.
It's not a "hyper" but a BBR Cruze, but for the sake of simplicity I say hyper because aside from the weldments and $120 that's what it is.
Crap photos because it's dark in the house.
And no, I haven't trimmed the tails yet.
PXL_20240115_021748250.jpgPXL_20240115_021813541.jpgPXL_20240115_021946514.jpg

It's not a "hyper" but a BBR Cruze, but for the sake of simplicity I say hyper because aside from the weldments and $120 that's what it is.
Crap photos because it's dark in the house.
And no, I haven't trimmed the tails yet.
View attachment 206107View attachment 206108View attachment 206109
You can't see your rear brake in any of the pictures you posted before. Those pads you have are garbage. I ran them for a day because I had them, and I decided to toss them. Another issue is those brake arms. They vibrate when applying the brakes and when not fully compressed (as you previously stated). I have some like that on my cranbrook and they visibly vibrate when I apply brakes. Overall your rear brake setup is horrible, even on a pedal bike. You should upgrade to the aluminum ones with better pads, that should do better for you

Fairly typical break in of a new engine up to this point. Hopefully it lasts long term. Do you have a head temp gauge or thermometer? I would be curious to see what head temps you would see under a steady load while cruising at about 30mph.
Yes I do, but it's broken 👍 I'll have to get one eventually.

I know if my bare calf touches it I don't get branded anymore, so I would bet 200 or so.

Yes I do, but it's broken 👍 I'll have to get one eventually.

I know if my bare calf touches it I don't get branded anymore, so I would bet 200 or so.
I was thi k og getting a digital tach and temp gauge, but I think an analog gauge might fit my build better. The tach shouldn't be an issue as I don't plan to take my bike to the point I should need to watch rpms. I do however to use a digital tach to get a rough idea of rpms at specific speeds.

Back