front engine front wheel drive question

Someone made drive roller coatings using sand +JB weld,you should be able to search for it.

Well for now I have pulled this set up off.:( I kept breaking the square drive shafts I was using. I think I'm going to put together either a horizontal engine or a pocket bike motor set up. I'm not too happy with my current set up of friction drive either. I would rather have chain drive or belt drive, not as much wear and tear on tires. I'm also curious as to how cheap I can do this project.

Whatever you do,read my previous post,it might save you trouble.Math has it's uses.

Ok, I'm back with another question. I have rebuilt the clutch system so no more drive shaft breaking but, now I'm changing over to belt drive. The first question is how do you mount the ring to the wheel and second is my ring is 20" and the motor is 24 cc and the bike wheel is 26" what size drive pulley do I need to use? I would like to run between 20-25 mph if that's possible with this set up?

Thanks,
Randall

rkbonds,
I made a front drive setup using V-Belt drive (search Rocky Mountain RM7).
To get the correct reduction in gearing, I JB welded & bolted a rim hoop of the same size to my front wheel. This is the large pulley & the smallest v pulley I could find for my 1/2" shaft was 1.5". This got me 18+:1 ratio & right where it needs to be to haul my 60lb bike & my 170lb body to 34 mph w/ a Subaru Robin 35cc engine. I did try a rear drive setup using the same engine & engine pulley but on a much smalled diameter Whizzer sheave & the gearing was too tall & the engine couldn't keep it at that speed. I like front drive much better but I do use a quiet & clean burning 4 stroke engine. The GEBE system uses a similar spoke sheave but has a much smaller front pulley to get the correct ratio. Only drawback I am hearing to the GEBE system is short belt life.
-lowracer-

Back