Engine Trouble Fuel not reaching chamber

ironfencer

Local time
11:39 AM
I just recently got my bike assembled, and when I went to try and start it, it would not get any combustion. I have spark, there's compression, but when I took a peek inside the chamber, it was completely dry. I think it may be a problem with the carburetor, but I truly don't know. Nothing stuck out to me as the problem. I used 50:1 fuel oil mix, which I know may not be ideal for a new engine, but I would figure it'd still at least make it to the chamber nonetheless even if it wasn't the best fuel ratio

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
Local time
9:39 AM
I used 50:1 fuel oil mix, which I know may not be ideal for a new engine
50:1 on a brand new motor not even broken in yet???...Be glad it doesn't start and run since it will be a pile of trash in a very short time with that ratio on one of these Chinese motors.

You can either break-in or break-it...use 20:1 for first few tanks and use 32:1 thereafter if you want your China Girl to last longer than a month.

I will let someone else guide you in getting it running from this point as I do not wish to encourage you in this any further as you seem intent on ruining a motor right out of the stall.

ironfencer

Local time
And when I do get the proper ratio, would that help the fuel reach the chamber? Its a bbr tuning angle fire engine. Thanks for the advice

Chainlube

Local time
8:39 AM
There is a little screw on the bottom of the float bowl, turn it and see if fuel comes out. if not, tap on the side of the bowl with the handle of a screwdriver. Is your petcock on?

Kehkou

Local time
Some carbs like the BoFeng have a spring button that you press on the bottom of the bowl in place of a screw. If so, just push it up and fuel should come out like Chainlube said. If you take off the plug, can you smell fuel through the plug hole?

ironfencer

Local time
Update, I just got it running. The fuel was swapped put to a 20:1 mix, and it turns out the problem was that I didn't turn off the choke. Once I turned off the choke it got up and running fine. Nevertheless, I really appreciate the help

Kehkou

Local time
Update, I just got it running. The fuel was swapped put to a 20:1 mix, and it turns out the problem was that I didn't turn off the choke. Once I turned off the choke it got up and running fine. Nevertheless, I really appreciate the help
Good on you! That happened to me on my first star run. Luckily, I spotted It right away and she roared to life! It likes to start with half throttle.